Wheat Beers, Help please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebop1980

Reaction score
Can anyone advise of an easy extract or partial recipe for a nice German type wheat beer.

I have been looking but have been a little confused with the amounts and ingredients to buy.

extract to 1.050
Noble hops (say Hallertau Mittlefruh) to 20 IBU
Wyeast 3068 . . .pitch cold at 12C and allow fermentation temp to climb to 18-20C during fermentation

Sorted.

Aleman said:
extract to 1.050
Wyeast 3068 . . .pitch cold at 12C and allow fermentation temp to climb to 18-20C during fermentation

Sorted.

What kind of quantity of ingredients for a 23ltr batch?

I think I'm right in saying that the spray dried wheat malt extract that you generally see is something like 55% wheat and 45% barley so you want to use all wheat malt extract. If you were doing it from grain you would use something in the region of 50/50 - 60/40 wheat to barley.

I would guess something like 3 to 3.5kg of wheat spraymalt for a 23l batch but you should check this with the recipe editor here, or download beer engine or qbrew for free. Alternatively have a look on one of the american forums there are plenty of extract brewers over there

I am not an extract brewer though so treat with caution :)

you could try wb06 or danstar munich if you prefer a dried yeast, I can't comment on how good they are though.

Bebop1980 said:
Aleman said:
extract to 1.050

Sorted.
What kind of quantity of ingredients for a 23ltr batch?
As I'm not an extract brewer it's difficult for me to guess at quantities, but I have fired up promash (Available free to download as a trial)

3.75Kg Muntons Liquid Malt Extract

Boiled for 60 minutes with

42g of Hallertau Mittelfruh hops ( 4.5% alpha acid)

Latest posts

Back