Where has all the gas gone ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Len2307

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I am a novice homebrewer and brewed 40 pints from a Yorkshire Ale kit 3 weeks before Christmas - I followed all instructions and took all necessary sg readings and eventually bottled it about 4 weeks ago adding 2 carbonation drops per 500ml crown capped bottle - Came to open a bottle and it has no gas apart from a small fart when popping the top - no fiz after that - It tastes nice though - more like a flat Kentish Ale than a livelier Yorkshire Ale. All buckets and bottles I made sure were scrupulously cleaned before use!. Anyone got any suggestions as to why there is no fiz and is it likely to improve the fizz with age. Cheers :beer1:

I would pop it back in the warm for another week or two, it could be that it just didn’t have enough time to carbonate in those two weeks.

Alternatively could it be that you didn’t prime that particular bottle?

I would pop it back in the warm for another week or two, it could be that it just didn’t have enough time to carbonate in those two weeks.

Alternatively could it be that you didn’t prime that particular bottle?
Thank you - I will try that - never realised it was an option - every day is a school day - in the interests of research, I will sample a few random bottles tonight - just to be sure :)

Latest posts

Back