Which hop to complement Cashmere and Azacca?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which hop combo

• Just Cashmere and Azacca

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Cashmere, Azacca and Cascade

• Cashmere, Azacca and Citra

• Cashmere, Azacca and Hallertau Blanc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cushyno

Landlord.
Reaction score
I shall be using Cashmere and Azacca in equal proportions in a Kveik (Voss) IPA. Likely to use Magnum or Cascade for bittering with the flavour hops at 10 min and whirlpool.
Which combination would you recommend?

Thanks @Clint . One of the reasons I ask is because until recently I've only use Citra and Cascade together so don't really know what each brings to the table. I have a Cascade Pale (with some challenger) still conditioning that is only just beginning to reveal Cascade as the predominant hop.

Someone else must have used these hops too, even as a sub. I can't believe Clint is the only one. Any hints guys and gals?

Galaxy, Cashmere and Cascade was one of the best AIPAs I've ever made. Not sure if Citra would overpower everything. Cascade was perfect though. No bittering hops were used, everything went in the last 15 minutes.

Galaxy, Cashmere and Cascade was one of the best AIPAs I've ever made. Not sure if Citra would overpower everything. Cascade was perfect though. No bittering hops were used, everything went in the last 15 minutes.
One of my original thoughts was that cascade would mellow and blend with the other hops. Allegedly Azacca needs to be used in quantity to get the effect which tells me it could also be more subtle and blend-able.
Citra does seem to take over.

Back