White Adder

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toasted

Reaction score
done another brew today went with white adder
had a bit of a fecker with the final gravity at 1046 instead of 1055 i couldnt think what caused it but i think the scales re zeroed on the last 2 kilo`s of marris otter which would of come out at the fg i got
luckily it shouldnt be too bad as its still a fair alc vol luckily
live and learn i guess lol il make sure it doesnt happen again

White Adder
Extra Special/Strong Bitter (English Pale Ale)
Batch Size: 20.00 L
Boil Time: 60 min
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00
Ingredients
Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.64 kg Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM)
51.81 gm Goldings, East Kent [5.80 %] (90 min)
15.94 gm Goldings, East Kent [5.80 %] (15 min)
1.00 items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 min)
1 Pkgs SafAle English Ale (DCL Yeast #S-04)

Est Original Gravity: 1.055 SG

Est Final Gravity: 1.014 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 5.32 %
Bitterness: 39.3 IBU
Est Color: 5.0 SRM

I missed by the exact same 2 brews ago and the ale is smashing so i wouldn't worry to much :thumb: hopefully the camera was working :D

glad to hear its not just me then :grin:
started out with good intentions with the pics but no money shots lol
heres a few i took

2nd3rdfilter.jpg

newfilter-1.jpg

grain.jpg

Hey T

It did'nt turn out too bad at 1.046.Using S.04 it should drop a bit lower than the est. F.G. of 1.014.
So hopefully you should still end up with 4.5 or 4.6%. :thumb:

Let us know how it goes.

cool glad it should still be nice
paul wasnt worried about it but i was lol
in all honesty i realy dont think he could tell the difference between ag and cheap kits im a bit worried that hel want to go back to kits as he keeps on about how nice each beer is , his favourites now the victorian bitter think its a geordies kit
ive been having the odd taster like 1/4 pint of the briars best and i quite like it quite a nice mellowness to it, not too bitter but im unsure if hel be overly keen on it because of that as judging by the kits weve done theyv been realy bitter tasting to me
so this one at over 10 ibu more should be right up his street although he says he doesnt like them too bitter
he should finish the victorian bitter in the next 2 days so the brown ale will be kegged up straight away and the fv ready for me to do another brew this weekend
not sure what il be brewing yet, made a list of 10 recipes he wants to try and done 4 of them so far but im waiting on some hops from ross so i think if there not here in time i can only do a old bushy tail brew its only 22 ibu so might bump it up so its more of a gagging taste as he seems to like that lol

Latest posts

Back