White House Honey ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizbeery

Reaction score
Well. I made this today using an extraxt recipe kit that i got from BrewUK. This was my first time out of the comfort zone of full can kit. Could have been more comprehensive instructions. For example there was no suggestion that you should put the crystal malt into a bag? I think I pitched the yeast at a bit too high temperature. I really enjoyed taking the next step though towards all grain brewing. One question though: I went and had a sneaky look at the FV in my garage less than 6 hours after I pitched the yeast and it's going crazy in there already. Kreusen all the way to the top even though it's 4 gallons in a 5 gallon fv. Is this normal or just a result of me putting the yeast in before it cooled more?

its the high temp you pitched the yeast it will soon settle down, try and pitch cooler in future

What temp did you pitch at? You didn't say. It might only be 2c or it might be 20c!!

K

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it. Suffice to say it was well into double digits. I read somewhere that it may make it taste a bit of bananas, does that sound likeky. I should say it's pretty cold in my garage (17-18) so most of the fermenting is done in normal range.

Latest posts

Back