White sugar addition to mash?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is much easier to do it the easy way that requires extra maths. 😉

But hold on, if you're the sort that eulogise fermenting in your kettle, aren't you just adding it to the same vessel as those that add it to the boil? 🤔

Thanks
When I search Brix scale I get a whole load of pages. Which one is best? Do you have a direct link?
Thanks

I've used the vinocalc one in the past but now I just do the maths in my head. 2.5g per point per litre. So a ten litre brew that needs 10 points is 2.5 X 10 X 10 = 250g. It's not precise but near enough.

I used to put it in the boiler but I got difficult to remove scorching.

Probably because he has chilled the wort and the sugar won't dissolve immediately if you just chuck it in
Also because the sugar will sink to the bottom, and even when it dissolves, the denser sugarier wort will sit at the bottom so you can't get a reliable OG reading.

And what's the point if putting it all in the fermenter only to take a sample out. May as well just take some of the wort on the way to the fermenter - simpler that way

Righto. You don't have a spoon, gotit. 👍🏻😁
Just trying to figure out what problem you are trying to solve by adding it to the fermenter.
1710345211769.png

Back