Who remembers and used.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the test card I remember:
1635717526553.png

It seemed to stay there for hours before "Watch with Mother". That seems a long time ago now. I imagine there was still decent beer about in those days and I was too young to appreciate it. Damn. Foiled again!

Some years ago the teenage daughter of a friend of ours needed to make a phone call and couldn't find the handset for their cordless phone.

In her frustration she told her parents, "Someone needs to make a phone with, like, a cord that connects the handset to the base unit so you can't lose it". Parents just smiled.

Those pay phones...allegedly,if a 2p was banged hard into the 10p slot you got 10p worth of call for 2p. Also a piece of banding (the strip used to secure stuff to pallets)was pushed into the money slot it let a call be made..allegedly.Just some things I was told by some much older,naughtier boys who I don't know what their names was.
There was a similar set up for slot/poker machines but you wrap aluminium foil around the 10p and it clocked up 50p or you would have 50p with a piece of light fishing gut through a drilled hole a kept plunging and it would keep knocking up the credits so I've been told....

Some years ago the teenage daughter of a friend of ours needed to make a phone call and couldn't find the handset for their cordless phone.

In her frustration she told her parents, "Someone needs to make a phone with, like, a cord that connects the handset to the base unit so you can't lose it". Parents just smiled.
I mind our first phone was a dial up handset with a lock to stop us from using it though they didn't know about switch tapping the number sequence and that raised an eyebrow when the bill came in...

Who remembers...........Parents buying a lock for the analogue telephone? as using the darn thing was really expensive and couldn't be used willy nilly...therefore it would be locked!. imagine in an emergency? 'i can't find the key!!'

Latest posts

Back