Who remembers and used.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone remember having a "tranny", well before the idea of transgender was even a twinkle in its mummy's eye?
1635756171743.png

Dead cool. Even cooler than a Wakman, which, if my memory serves me right, started off with cassettes!
1635756263125.png

... but these came decades later.

Can anyone remember having a "tranny", well before the idea of transgender was even a twinkle in its mummy's eye?
Or the popular song 'I couldn't resist her with her pocket transistor'! Going back to those Button A and Button B phone boxes, you put your money in then dialed the number. If anybody answered you then pressed 'A' to be connected. If they didn't you pressed 'B' and got your money back.

There was a microphone inside the thing that registered which coins were being inserted so the operator knew, so if you just had a short message for somebody, you could shout it into the chute that returned coins came out, and they could hear it without you putting any money in. Or so I was told!

I remember one particular job, a long cable run , standing on a beer crate and working over my head all day, probably 50 holes,. I felt like I'd been crucified at the end of the day

Who remembers...........Parents buying a lock for the analogue telephone? as using the darn thing was really expensive and couldn't be used willy nilly...therefore it would be locked!. imagine in an emergency? 'i can't find the key!!'

I do and we found you could open it with a hairpin, i kid you not.

1635776101810.png

Latest posts

Back