Who will be the next PM? [Poll]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one do you think will win.

• Penny Mordaunt

• Tom Tugendhat

• Liz Truss

• Jeremy Hunt

• Nadhim Zahawi

• Sajid Javid

• Steve Baker

• Suella Braverman

• Kemi Badenoch

• Rishi Sunak

• Grant Shapps

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris said the accusation was "the most appalling load of sexist, misogynist tripe".

Please give Boris some credit! In the whole of the UK he is probably the most qualified to recognise “sexist, misogynist tripe" when he hears it said by someone else!
:hat:

PS

Lia Nici turns “sucking up to the boss” almost into an art form!

As dozens of her fellow Tory MP’s were resigning, because of Boris’s antics, she stayed loyal and has been rewarded!

I live hope that the electorate in Grimsby reward her by voting for someone else at the next election!

Last edited:
David__Osland
@David__Oslan
7h
For the third time in succession, Britain will get a new prime minister chosen by 200,000 Conservative Party members rather than 48,000,000 voters. Not acceptable.

Someone else that doesn't understand how a parliamentary democracy works. They can change their leader every other week should they so desire. They're not far off that right enough 😂

Someone else that doesn't understand how a parliamentary democracy works. They can change their leader every other week should they so desire. They're not far off that right enough 😂

I doubt he doesn't understand he is pointing out how wrong the system is as many have said in this forum.

I doubt he doesn't understand he is pointing out how wrong the system is as many have said in this forum.

If he does understand then he's being deliberately obtuse. Presumably if Twitter had existed at the time, he'd have said the same about the Blair to Brown transition..?

There is an argument to be made that we should have a general election any time a party seems its leader unfit to continue, but all that tweet is doing is trying to capitalise on the current situation by perpetuating the myth that we pick our PMs rather than the Parties themselves.

Last edited:
From the BBC:
There's a bit more from Boris Johnson's first public appearance since he resigned as Conservative leader.

Asked who he was supporting to replace him, the outgoing PM refused to give an answer.

"I wouldn't want to damage anybody's chances by offering my support," he told reporters.
🤣 Maybe he does have a sense of humour about the whole thing afterall!

To be honest I wouldn't trust any of the candidates to be in charge of a chimps tea party let alone becoming PM!

There is an argument to be made that we should have a general election any time a party seems its leader unfit to continue, but all that tweet is doing is trying to capitalise on the current situation by perpetuating the myth that we pick our PMs rather than the Parties themselves.

The more people that point out on social media how much the current system needs changing the better people who don't know need to be made aware then maybe one day it may changed.

The biggest change required is a move to PR.
Unfortunately, that'll never happen. The major parties stand to lose by moving to PR, so they will never support it. We also had a referendum on it 10 years ago, so "the public had their say" and there is even less chance it'll get changed.

Unfortunately, that'll never happen. The major parties stand to lose by moving to PR, so they will never support it. We also had a referendum on it 10 years ago, so "the public had their say" and there is even less chance it'll get changed.

Alternative vote was just a fudge.

Whoever wins, this will just be an exercise in reorganising the deckchairs on the Titanic. The fact that this is the third leadership election in 6 years just goes to show how unstable the whole shower is.

BBC News - No 10 blocks Labour 'no confidence' vote on government and Boris Johnson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62139269
So labour have proposed a vote of no confidence in the government, but the government have refused to allow it to be debated. 🤔 So there is no way to democratically remove the government from power. 🤔 . But apparently we're not in a dictatorship. 🤔

The government have accused the Labour politicians of "playing politics". 🤔 Isn't that their job? I mean, it's even their job title!

aheadbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back