Wilko's Zingy Soave Style 1.7kg/30 bottle kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenorbrew

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I recently picked up one of these kits for 90p (so, by my calculations, roughly 3p per bottle \o/ )
Has anyone made this kit before? if so, what were your impressions?
While the thought of 3p bottles of wine is quite appealing, the thought of brewing and storing 30 bottles of **** is less so.
Juice wise, it contains 46% concentrated grape juice, glucose-fructose syrup, sugar. The concentrated grape juice contains 51% Gargenega from the Soave region.

The kit calls for 3.5kg sugar and made up to 23L will be roughly 12% abv.
Would I be better off making it up shorter, say 15L and using less sugar?

Cheers,

Tenorbrew

90p? :shock: :shock: :shock: I had to pay £2 for mine :lol: :lol:

I was thinking about making mine MUCH shorter than the 23 litres, I was thinking more like 10 litres and adding sugar until I got an SG of about 1.090, hoping for something about 12%

I also thought about adding grape juice rather than water, but I'm not sure that it's worth it :wha:

tenorbrew said:
it contains 46% concentrated grape juice, glucose-fructose syrup, sugar. The concentrated grape juice contains 51% Gargenega from the Soave region.

Given that the kit is already 54% added sugar I would think you would be best adding as little 'extra, extra' sugar as possible. Still, even if it was brewed short to 10 bottles its only 9p / bottle - can't be bad (can it :wha: )

Dave

Latest posts

Back