Will it clear before xmas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kybren

Reaction score
Back in mid october I brewed a punk ipa, kegged it into a PB early november, but have a few bottles in the cupboard to keep a eye how it was doing. I thought it had cleared although it looked a bit hazy but still tastes a bit early.
Now the question is will it be ready for Christmas break? Its in the garage but tempted to leave it outside one night when I know it wont freeze as a sort of cold crash, or use finings? Im trying to be good and not touch the barrel to check yet. Some advice would great thanks.

Haze isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It should definitely be conditioned by Christmas if it was bottled a month ago. I’m bottling tonight and at the weekend and plan for both to be ready by New Year

Im trying to be good and not touch the barrel to check yet. Some advice would great thanks.
Hope your PB is gas tight. If you haven't drawn any off yet I would do so asap to check. I always do so after a couple of days to find out if the pressure is building.
And as Cwrw666 says it should be conditioned. Put a few bottles in the fridge and it might clear or it might not but you should be able to drink it.

I took a bit out the PB its a bit better than the bottles and got pressure. Moved the bottles out the cupboard. Hopefully will be good for two weeks time when im off. Think I will have to rethink my strategy for next year

Back