Wine and cider has been quiet

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrcwcb89

Regular.
Reaction score
It's been quiet on here lately , many people brewing ??

I'm home from work tomorrow so hopping to get another batch of summer fruits TC on and hopefully a rose like WOW thinking raspberry and cranberry [emoji848][emoji848]

Also thinking about trying treacle in a TC
Intrigued what that would come out like

Yeah it has been quiet, but I've got a wheat n rice almost finished bubbling, two different wows and a lady grey tea wine on the go for a couple of weeks, two wows and a courgette wine clearing. First AG beer done this week too so I've been spending a lot of time on the beer side of the forum and researching online.

When I get space/time I'm gonna try the summer fruits or summat similar cordial/squash and maybe a plain apple TC

treacle can be a strong flavour for wine/cider

I have been in that limbo between making the wine and bottling the wine where the wine just sits in a huff in the back of a darkened cupboard doing nowt.

Happily, I am now entering the bottling stage of many of my wines now so be prepared for plenty of wine related posts, pictures and questions in the coming weeks.

I've got parsnip wine on, a tropical fruit juice (co-op reduced) some apple tea wine, mead and carrot and corriander wine :-)

I've got parsnip wine on, a tropical fruit juice (co-op reduced) some apple tea wine, mead and carrot and corriander wine :-)

I quite fancy parsnip wine but hear it is notoriously difficult and slow to clear.

My lemon wine and my ginger wine are being a bit stubborn when it comes to showing any signs of clearing - tastes good though.

I quite fancy parsnip wine but hear it is notoriously difficult and slow to clear.

My lemon wine and my ginger wine are being a bit stubborn when it comes to showing any signs of clearing - tastes good though.

It's very cloudy yes.

If it doesn't clear I'll bung some kwik clear in it.

19ltr concord pyment bubbling away in my ss brewtech fermenter...will get first indications of success in a couple of weeks. Then back to brewing beer.

been more involved in comsumption than production over Christmas etc... but have a blackcurrant wow that's being stubborn to clear, although it might just be chill haze.... might increase the temp of the cupboard a little to prove that.

Might stick on 25L of 5% strawberry cider tonight.. jury's out whether I bung some lime in.. probably will

that's if the back machine gives me any money.... I hate January !

I'm home from work tomorrow so hopping to get another batch of summer fruits TC on and hopefully a rose like WOW thinking raspberry and cranberry [emoji848][emoji848]

have you got your eye on a rasp and cranberry juice for that ?

have you got your eye on a rasp and cranberry juice for that ?

I tend to put my brewing on hold Dec/Jan time, as the fluctuating temperatures in the house affect the brew times/quality. Saying that, I've just put a batch of apple and elderflower TC on because Tesco had three 1.5l bottles of Coppola reduced to 42p each :grin:
If you're looking at treacle, avoid black treacle - I once tried it looking for a toffee apple taste...worst TC I've brewed. I've tried golden before, and didn't really find it any different to just using sugar.

just about to put on a apple and raspberry tc, currently drinking forest berries and pomegranate wine! :thumb:

Just cracked my first ginger cider the other night. Grated ginger simmered ten minutes in a litre of AJ then added to the remaining 3 L. M10 yeast (but I think I'll go back to champagne for the next) and a little stevia for sweetness. Just enough ginger tingle to make it refreshing.

Not sure TBH care to point me in the a direction buddy
cranberry stuff might be pretty diluted so worth looking at the fruit content of ocean spray or something, plus some of my favourite raspberry lowicz of course 😃

Not sure TBH care to point me in the a direction buddy
cranberry stuff might be pretty diluted so worth looking at the fruit content of ocean spray or something, plus some of my favourite raspberry lowicz of course 😃

Got home to day so had a sample of a cherry one and the summer fruit ( which is defo my favourite so far )

[ame]https://vimeo.com/151970156[/ame]

fc290340d254e1c5af56156d2771e2bb.jpg

6b62e63b3d2f7cb8ea1c8300e9d35cab.jpg

Crystal clear [emoji106][emoji106]

[ame]https://vimeo.com/151970274[/ame]
c0629acf3dfb6caa5e1487f98bd29aa9.jpg

Both of these bottled on 21/12

Maybe try some summer fruit hooch tomorrow [emoji23]

Never tried it tonight but I've stuck it in the fridge for tomorrow

It's crystal clear was only bottled on the 30/12

3c335ce9b7f1f0b0039896564e4a0a76.jpg

Latest posts