wine from grapes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robh

Reaction score
hi all, been making wine kits all year and happy with them how they are turning out, however one of my mates at works mum has a load of white grapes growing and has said I can have them when they are ready to make wine , she has done it before supposedly but not bothering this year, I don't have a clue what to do if its not out of a kit lol, anyone any tips , do I need proper presses etc id rather not buy a lot of expensive gear just for one go

thanks rob

Go traditional and take your shoes off. The french have been squashing them with their feet for centuries. But I’m sure something so soft would give up its juice easy enough in a small press.

Another option Rob is put them in a bucket and gently beat the living daylights out of them with a piece of wood. I’m getting some plums today and plan to do this. Or wrap them in muslin cloth and pretend you’re John Bonham with a rolling pin. Then squeeze the clothe with all your might to get the juice away from the skins.

I’m interested how you get on with the wine from this though.

thanks Hagrid, I shall report back on my success ......or failure lol

Latest posts

Back