Wine kits which are close to the BBE (use by date)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry454

Reaction score
Got an insanely good deal on the Winexpert reserve California Cabernet Merlot 30 bottle kits. £39.95 each instead of £77.95 each. Couldn't resist so I bought a good few of them.

These was sold as a BBE October 2022

I've never really had experience of dealing with wine kits close to the BBE so I was just wondering, do I have to brew all 5 of these kits before October 22 or will they be likely good for much past the sell by date?

Also if I do brew these 5 kits up at once, I assume the wine will last indefinitely in corked glass bottles? Or will the BBE limit how long the finished wines can be aged before I'll have to brew them?

Thanks all!

I have the same happy situation as you. I got 3 Vinclasse Montecino for £25 each. October 22 best by. I've still got a few to do and even if I did these next the other kits I've got will be past their best by.
I didn't bookmark any particular sites but I've read several comments saying that even a couple of years past the date the juice compound will be fine. You may need to get a new sachet of yeast and maybe fresh finings but apart that they're good to go.

Cheers Tom

I have the same happy situation as you. I got 3 Vinclasse Montecino for £25 each. October 22 best by. I've still got a few to do and even if I did these next the other kits I've got will be past their best by.
I didn't bookmark any particular sites but I've read several comments saying that even a couple of years past the date the juice compound will be fine. You may need to get a new sachet of yeast and maybe fresh finings but apart that they're good to go.

Cheers Tom

Thanks Tom good to know! Cracking deal you got on them Vinclasse Montecinos too!

It's definitely a relief that I don't have to brew up all the kits before the BBE. Because I literally bought 5 of the Winexpert California Cabernet Merlot kits and these things take like 6 weeks to brew each one. Honestly couldn't resist. £390 worth of wine kits for less than £200!

Thanks Tom good to know! Cracking deal you got on them Vinclasse Montecinos too!

It's definitely a relief that I don't have to brew up all the kits before the BBE. Because I literally bought 5 of the Winexpert California Cabernet Merlot kits and these things take like 6 weeks to brew each one. Honestly couldn't resist. £390 worth of wine kits for less than £200!
Gotta love a bargain 😁

Cheers Tom

Latest posts

Back