WLP037 Yorkshire yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickyfinn

Reaction score
Being a yorkshire man i thought as it was available i would give these beasties a try. MMiller got em in so ordered some anyone with any experiences or tips for em. With it being a platinum strain its only available for a few months a year so would like to maximise brews from it, Will be doing a split to start with. Suggestions please

I quite liked it the one time I used it. It is *very* flocculent and forms a very stable sediment. You might want to rouse during fermentation as I believe that would be normal for yorkshire squares. I didn't and it worked out OK but not like ttl in the yeast profile. I also found it was much better after a while in the corny with a bit of venting than in the bottles so you might want to think about putting it in secondary for a while if you are bottling. Rousing might help with this, might not. I can't say as I've only used it the once without rousing.

I'm not sure tbh, I have found that some yeasts have smelly by products, it is good to give these a bit of time to vent out. If you go straight to bottle you trap them in, I think.

Latest posts

Back