Woodforde Admiral Reserve

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, it's been a month and a half since it was barreled.

I've just poured a glass out, very clear, much like a Speckled Hen in appearance. Very good head. Now, let's taste.

Mmmmm, very nice, yeah, I like it. Hard to say what I compare it to at the moment. I finishes off very well with a hoppy bitter taste. Yeah, that's a good brew.

Just pored my first glass of admiral reserve two days after bottling!! Couldn’t wait lol, bloody awesome pint, now here’s one for the experts out there, considering Im only two days in from bottling I’m assuming this is going to get stronger with more time? So as it’s originally a 32pint kit, how would it turn out if I made it upto a 40 pint Kit next time? (yes you’ve guessed I’m a tight **** and I want more) lol

It won't get stronger and while it will improve it will not change as much as some other kits.

Only one way to find out about making it up to 40 pints. Although you could maybe take a small glass and add the equivalent water just to see the effect on taste and body.

The other Woodfordes kits are very good too, the Norfolk ale will make up to 40 pints. One of many favourites. ABV will be less but so will the Admirals if you make it up to 40 pints without adding anything.

Latest posts

Back