Woodfordes Wherry Hops & Ingredients?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddsy

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all Im thinking about brewing an AG Smash and have been giving the hops some thoughts.

Adnams Ghost ship and Oakham Citra are good examples of Citra Hops

Wherry is a beer I enjoy so I wondered which Hops were used and so searched for an all grain clone to get an idea. Despite the pages dedicated to the Wherry 2 tin kits I cant find any real info on a AG recipe.

Even a search on brewfather comes up blank?

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

buddsy

Thanks for your info.

I suppose as they are only 4 miles from me I could have gone over and asked in person? hahah bloody lockdown!

buddsy

Hi all Im thinking about brewing an AG Smash and have been giving the hops some thoughts.

Adnams Ghost ship and Oakham Citra are good examples of Citra Hops

Wherry is a beer I enjoy so I wondered which Hops were used and so searched for an all grain clone to get an idea. Despite the pages dedicated to the Wherry 2 tin kits I cant find any real info on a AG recipe.

Even a search on brewfather comes up blank?

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

buddsy
The information I have from various sources is that Wherry contains pale malt (It seems that Halcyon, Marris Otter and Triumph have been used so the variety is not critical), Crystal malt, Goldings and Styrian Goldings or Fuggles. I have no idea of proportions but it looks like a relatively simple recipe. You could estimate the colour and use that to estimate the Pale:Crystal ratio. Use the OG of 1039 to calculate the total abount of grain for your system. The IBU of 29-30 will aid with the hop rate. So with this information you have a good starting point to work up a recipe. You then just need to brew it, taste it and then refine the amounts based on a comparison with the real thing. ;-)

Cheers,

Les Howarth

Latest posts

Back