Woodfordes wherry tube

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike101uk

Regular.
Reaction score
So in wilko earlier they have these wherry and tinsel toes in a tube 25 pint brew in a bag type things reduced to 6 quid, as I've just moved I havnt unpacked brewing kit yet so this will be tried out

Attachments

• 20180305_132515.jpg
    20180305_132515.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 149
I've been wherry wary of those, but for 6 sheets instead of the usual 25 it's worth a go. Can't find a review of one anywhere. You'll be blazing a trail.

Found a YouTube review of tinsel toes done with the brew in a bag , for 6 bucks, I may as well grab them all and use them as bbq beer for summer

That review of Tinsel Toes sounds good. I'm really up for a Christmas Pudding ale because I've done a Christmas spiced ale and it was really good and got rave reviews at a party after only 12 days in the bottle. I've got a pretty out of date John Bull Best Bitter conditioning right now that I did the same thing with because it was pure nothing tasting even with a kilo of DME and replaced yeast. I really don't like cakey-spice thing but they've made the kit tons better.

I'm even trying to work out how to get the fat out of mincemeat to brew with because I've got loads of it.

Get some of them kits on now - I'm really excited by it - this video has specially revivified my interest in the brewing arts:

Just an update on this, I'm worried, the bag has inflated ter just 12 hours and is rock hard, I'm assured the special yellow cap will vent excess co2 but if it fails I'm in big trouble with you know who

Attachments

• 20180307_073701.jpg
    20180307_073701.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 82
Just an update on this, I'm worried, the bag has inflated ter just 12 hours and is rock hard, I'm assured the special yellow cap will vent excess co2 but if it fails I'm in big trouble with you know who

I would definitely be tempted to use that special thing called a hand and let some gas off manually!:fart:

Yea I only checked when running our the door to work, now I have to wait till 630 to check ,might get the missus to relieve some pressure

Just a question, is the idea that it ferments and carbonates in the bag, then you drink directly from the tap on the bag?

Just a question, is the idea that it ferments and carbonates in the bag, then you drink directly from the tap on the bag?
Yes but the product is more cask ale than nicely carbonated ale, and has to be drunk within a month whilst i5s at it's best, reviews say the first pint is a bit cloudy but rest pour clear ish if left somewhere cool

Cheers,

Mind you with the foil bag you could almost leave it outside to chill and not worry about light affecting it.

Latest posts

Back