wot makes the perfect sunday lunch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A garlic naan, and mango Chuntey, makes my sunday curry great
As for roasts No thanks

My family sat around the table together makes it perfect :thumb:

I'm not sure about Shadow's original post, it's stuffing or Yorky puds, not both.

Yorkshire puds and horseradish with beef, stuffing and apple sauce with pork, stuffing and cranberry or apricot chutney with poultry, mint sauce with lamb but that would be my least favourite.

I'm going to agree with Darren and Suzie, beef (not too pink) with all the trimmings, and it's probably the only meal of the week where the family sits together round the table.

For me its at least 21day preferably 28day hung local rib of beef (from a butchers not a crappy supermarket joint) cooked rare (still mooing :D ) red wine gravy with caramelised roasted onions and roasted portobello mushrooms added to it, Yorkshire puds, fresh purple sprouting broccoli straight out the garden,buttered cavalo nero, and roasted beetroots in an orange juice and balsamic glaze with rosemary.

Steamed treacle pud with homemade lemon curd ice cream for afters

WASHED DOWN WITH A FEW PINTS OF MY HOMEBREW!

THIS ISN'T MARKS AND SPENCERS FOOD THIS IS UNCLEPUMBLES LARDER :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

UP

unclepumble said:
For me its at least 21day preferably 28day hung local rib of beef (from a butchers not a crappy supermarket joint) cooked rare (still mooing :D ) red wine gravy with caramelised roasted onions and roasted portobello mushrooms added to it, Yorkshire puds, fresh purple sprouting broccoli straight out the garden,buttered cavalo nero, and roasted beetroots in an orange juice and balsamic glaze with rosemary.
UP

:thumb: Now that's what I'm talking about!

Beef should be hung for a long time and yet when "cooked" should still look like you hacked it off when the beast walked past you! :D

I usually roll my beef in a good mix of crushed peppercorns, dried chilliflakes & crushed coriander seeds... so that every slice / chunk has a fantastic bite to it.
:)

If I am doing a hog roast that day makes a good sunday dinner for me.

notice I didn't say spit roast, I know how your lot heads work now.

Moley said:
I'm not sure about Shadow's original post, it's stuffing or Yorky puds, not both.

Yorkshire puds and horseradish with beef, stuffing and apple sauce with pork, stuffing and cranberry or apricot chutney with poultry, mint sauce with lamb but that would be my least favourite.

I'm going to agree with Darren and Suzie, beef (not too pink) with all the trimmings, and it's probably the only meal of the week where the family sits together round the table.

you need both with a nice roast chicken with crisp skin :thumb:

For me, Has to be a nice Venison haunch roast, Rough cut home made goose fat roasties, fresh steam garden veg finished with meat juice gravy.

For pudding, HAS to be rhubarb or apple crumble made from scratch with thick custard.

All washed down with an amaretto coffee. (haven’t got any brews finished yet :cry:)

OMG this is making me far too hungry......Bring on tomorrow :P

Ok, is there anyone else on here who eats Yorkshire puddings with chicken?

I'm having problems with my Yorkies of late, they just don't seem to want to rise. How do you make yours?

Moley said:

I'm having problems with my Yorkies of late, they just don't seem to want to rise. How do you make yours?

YES!
Yorkshire's with every roast if possible! :thumb:

Been having similar problems with my puds not rising... it's all about the temperature of the oil and the amount of air you get into the mixture... but not working for me at mo... :(

Moley said:

ha ha this is somting i know (chef) 1 cup of eggs, 1 cup plain flour. 1 cup of milk a pinch of salt . hot oven 190-200. et your tins and oil nice and hot. poor your batter in. wen there rise drop the oven down to 150 to crisp them up and stop the from colaping :thumb:

i know you like tings rite so you must be making Kidderminster puddings . as there not made in yorkshire

the shadow said:
I know you like things right so you must be making Kidderminster puddings as they're not made in Yorkshire
Silly me, I never realised that Yorkshire Puddings had been awarded Protected Geographical Status like the Melton Mowbray pork pie, I thought it was just a style of pudding to a recipe originating in Yorkshire but which could be made anywhere, like the Bakewell Tart or Eccles Cake.

the shadow said:
1 cup of eggs 1 cup plain flour 1 cup of milk a pinch of salt
Surely that's 1 egg? :wha:

I do get my tray and oil hot, gas mark 8-9, but didn't know about turning the oven down later, so thanks for that. :thumb:

Being from yorkshire its yorkshire puddings with any roast dinner here :thumb:

Latest posts

Back