Would anyone pay this ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Seen an add online for this and took a look
Nearly fell over when I seen the price
Would anyone on here ever pay that kind of money for a beer ?
I can buy much the same for Ā£10. šŸ˜³
https://www.allsopps.com/limited-re...NUQ2u0Ag0hwKMuWP-EcHCvpNE5ch5-QKIyb_SldNqiiw3
2D731770-196C-4BC6-9F76-D0CF0727E3E7.png

One half aged in bourbon the other in whiskey barrels.
Brehon brewhouse do a 500ml one for Ā£5
Where does this price come from ?
Wouldnā€™t pay Ā£200 for the whiskey never mind the beer.

Last edited:
If you're having to project negative characteristics such as stupidity or perceived class onto the potential purchasers, then that probably says more about your own insecurities.

If you have the money and you'll enjoy it, or share the experience with friends, why not. Like weddings or holidays, cost is offset by the value you attach to it.

Not a fan of bourbon though.

Don't see the justification, aged for a year in barrels, that's commonplace for some Belgian breweries and they're a few quid per bottle
Just under a year it says
Agreed itā€™s nothing special
As the Barron says possibly a marketing ploy
They made 200 bottles but only 15 are for sale
What they doing with the rest ?

If you're having to project negative characteristics such as stupidity or perceived class onto the potential purchasers, then that probably says more about your own insecurities.

If you have the money and you'll enjoy it, or share the experience with friends, why not. Like weddings or holidays, cost is offset by the value you attach to it.

Not a fan of bourbon though.
Iā€™m not projecting my ā€œinsecurities ā€œ as you put it onto anyone. Iā€™m not insecure about paying for anything that has a marketable value, however I am asking the question about who would buy it at a price that has no basis in the market out there for similar products. Itā€™s not aged in rare whiskey barrels as far as I can read on the website
I agree if you have the money then of course you should buy it and enjoy it but having the money does not make you any more intelligent.

I agree if you have the money then of course you should buy it and enjoy it but having the money does not make you any more intelligent.
Or, less intelligent. Or, a show off.

Market value is always what someone is prepared to pay. Ā£200 for a very rare bottle of beer, could be that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back