wow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeg3910

Reaction score
after making and drinking a few gallon batches of wow, today ive set away a 5 gallon batch of it. ( all 1 gallon batch ingredients x5) any advice or if anythings different doing a large batch please give me some advice.

ps
if i want to do a ros'e wow do i just substitute white grape juice for red.
thanks
Lee

I've just started my second batch of WOW,
5 ltr WGJ,
5 ltr OJ,
5 tsp yeast nutrient,
2-3 tsp youngs yeast (remainder of container, at least 2)
4 tsp tannin powder (don't remember that from the first batch :wha:),
4 tsp Glycerine,
4 tsp pectolase (don't remember that from the first batch either)
about 3.5 1kg bags of sugar.

The tannin all clumped up as usual, the sugar probably isn't dissolved properly as I just put half a bag of sugar to 1 ltr warm water and gave it a bit of a stir then tipped it in, repeated 7 times. Topped up to 23 ltr, swirled it all around for a few minutes and took a hydrometer reading of around 1086.

My TC has suffered a setback as it was just cleared then the missus moved it downstairs in a tantrum, will need another 2-3 days to clear again now. :cry: It's already taken more than a week to clear.

I made up my first large batch of WOW a few days ago. Everything was x5 apart from the yeast, so 4kg of sugar. I put one bag of sugar into 500ml of boiling water, before I put the sugar in I mixed the tannin into the bag and mixed it up, no clumping at all.
Filled the FV to 20l ( 1.110 og ) to allow for the vigerous initial fermentation. I'll top it up to 23l in a day or 2, this should equate to an og of 1.095.

Latest posts

Back