Xmas Lists

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HisDudeness

Reaction score
I know its a bit early and I am a bit of a scrooge usually but have started wondering what to ask for for xmas this year as its probably gonna be brewing related!

Having bottled around 70 beers last night top of my list is going to be a good bench capper, I'm sure this will speed up the process a lot and stop the odd bottle flying off the slippery work top!

Possibly want a second peco boiler to use as an HLT, again should speed up the mash and sparge process, seems like most of the time at moment is waiting for water to heat up.

A couple of good books, quite fancy the yeast one and one of the Mosher books.

So whats going on your xmas lists?

I don't think I need anything brew related, maybe the farmhouse ales book. My other hobby is cycling which is expensive so I will ask for cycling related items and save my cash for my brewing

Again, i'm just about all set up now. There's plenty I want but not need (let alone the space to put anything!!) - i had a huge brew haul last Xmas and my birthday this summer :cheers:

I think the one brewing thing I'll get this Xmas will be a vacuum sealer to keep ingredients nice and fresh :D

Get some vacuum packs from amazon

+1 I have just started storing my hops like this

2015-10-17 14.29.45.jpg

30l boiler is top of the list... not sure I really need much else at the moment. ... maybe a big bag of grain

+1 I have just started storing my hops like this
I do the same, and with smaller bags of grain too. Our local bargain shop sells them for a couple of quid. Brilliant inside my mango barrels for the grain. Hops still go in freezer. Got to stop getting so many though, running out of space for peas and vodka....

I do the same, and with smaller bags of grain too. Our local bargain shop sells them for a couple of quid. Brilliant inside my mango barrels for the grain. Hops still go in freezer. Got to stop getting so many though, running out of space for peas and vodka....

Maybe you need to take control of your vodka intake MM:whistle:

I've asked Santa for the malt, hops, yeast and water series of books and also the Mitch Steele IPA one. I need to get myself another shed before I buy anymore equipment (or I'll get in trouble).

I know what you mean about the shed, I got a 14 * 8 one last year and its nearly full of brew related gear already. I have already had to move the bicycles out to a separate mini shed to make room!

Again, i'm just about all set up now. There's plenty I want but not need (let alone the space to put anything!!) - i had a huge brew haul last Xmas and my birthday this summer :cheers:

I think the one brewing thing I'll get this Xmas will be a vacuum sealer to keep ingredients nice and fresh :D

My other hobby is curing and smoking meat and I got a vacuum packer around 18 months ago to keep meat in, we use it loads and I wouldn't be without it now, perfect for storing hops. I can recommend one of these or the cheaper model is pretty much the same thing. You need to buy the compatible bags / rolls though as the cheaper ones won't work.

At the moment I'm on the lookout for something that'll be more reliable than my plastic keg without all the faff of bottling. At the moment I'm not going down the Cornie and CO2 route - possibly a tap-a-draft or similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not looking for much either, probably just a bench capper.

Still not sure what to do keg wise, whether to go for the easy kegs or full throttle with the party star deluxe kit.

Might see if anyone will get me some more swingtop bottles.

These are all things I want not things I need to be honest.

My other hobby is curing and smoking meat and I got a vacuum packer around 18 months ago to keep meat in, we use it loads and I wouldn't be without it now, perfect for storing hops. I can recommend one of these or the cheaper model is pretty much the same thing. You need to buy the compatible bags / rolls though as the cheaper ones won't work.

At the moment I'm on the lookout for something that'll be more reliable than my plastic keg without all the faff of bottling. At the moment I'm not going down the Cornie and CO2 route - possibly a tap-a-draft or similar.

Thanks for this :thumb:

Been looking at vacuum packers after having a bad experience with the cheap Asda hoover vacuum bags - they're beyond rubbish!

Don't mind paying good money but it absolutely has to do a good job.

My other hobby is curing and smoking meat... .

I'd love some more information on this but don't want to hijack the thread and risk getting a light saber over my napper :-o

Could you possibly PM me some more info on what you do, or good blogs, web sites links etc.? Thanks :hat:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back