Yeast nutrient

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used it Rod with ordinary yeasts no problem but still in my infancy with Kveik but would think its that vicious it may not need it

10 minutes from the end of the boil. Not sure how much to add, though I'd have thought about a tablespoon of you have that much available.

I still think even with using slurry it will be vicious but add it in the last 10 of the boil as Cushyno says or the FV

I've read that kveik does require a nutrient addition. I've also read that you can use old yeast, ie, slurry as nutrient added towards the end of the boil. I've never tried that. I've started using a teaspoon per 20 litres of "chemical" nutrient (diammonium phisphate and ammonium sulphate) to every brew. I use to get a number of fermentations which inexplicably started to stink. Even though the smell would clean up after a period of conditioning, sometimes it would take months. Since I started adding a bit of nutrient, I've never had the problem again.
I add the nutrient with the yeast.

Back