Yeasts and their "flavours" ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluejam15

Reaction score
I brought a few different yeasts a while back and now cant remember what type of flavour etc they would bring to a brew. Could anyone help?

the ones i have are as follows:

Danstar Nottingham
Danstar Windsor
Muntons premium gold
Safale s04

I am using kits at the moment and they are mainly bitters and stouts.

After experimenting with two x twenty pint batches i have found that the brought yeasts always give a better taste than those supplied with the kits. These include the mid range kits like Edme, black rock & muntons. I have done a burton bridge porter with their yeast, but was wondering whether i should go for a better brought yeast?

Any help explaining the differences the above yeast packs would give to the brew would help, plus also what types of brew they should be used with eg bitter, lager, stout, lager.

Many thanks in advance.

If anyone could recommend any other yeasts which work particularly well with a kit or beer type please let me know... im sure im not alone on this one.

Cheers,

Bluejam15

Many thanks Vossy1, your right they definitly helped... if only i had looked about the site a bit more , thanks for the push in the right direction

cheers,

Bluejam15

Latest posts

Back