Youngs APA IBU?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlsBean

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of what the IBU of Youngs APA is approximately? The Mrs is looking for something not too bitter to drink, she likes Dead Pony which has an IBU of 40 if I am not mistaken? I've brewed Youngs AIPA 2 times now and she finds it too bitter on the finish.

TIA

Personally it sounds like the Youngs APA would be the sort of thing you're after. I've brewed both this and the IPA, the APA is significantly less hoppy and bitter with a nice malty finish. Very nice pint though.

Sorry bud, no idea.

Reason I am posting though is to suggest this one https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/american-pale-ale/

Much lower IBUs, nice hop pairing. Both really nice hops. Maybe worth a try perhaps? Although I understand if you are put off by the need to buy a second pouch of malt to go with it.

Looks perfect, I've done a couple MJ's kits before whilst the "Free Enhancer" offer was on with them, I'll definitely put this on my to do list, in fact I think it will be the next one I do after the Youngs APA, thank you.

Personally it sounds like the Youngs APA would be the sort of thing you're after. I've brewed both this and the IPA, the APA is significantly less hoppy and bitter with a nice malty finish. Very nice pint though.

That sounds promising, I do have the APA arriving tomorrow, so I'll give it go, if she does not like it I am sure that I will, I just need to lower the final ABV a little for her as she does not like anything too strong. TY

Done both...the aipa is definitely less bitter...by how much..I don't know.

So the Youngs AIPA is less bitter than the APA? If that's the case she is not going to like the APA because she finds AIPA to bitter, I'll have to give the MJ's APA a go. TY

Back