Youngs APA tastes like Poison

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've come to the conclusion krausen's are a law unto themselves. You can make two exact same brews using the same yeast and have two different krausen's.

It may or may not sink. I've read about krausens hanging about for the whole fermentation time. My last but one brew had protein gunk floating about on the top of the brew for ages after the bulk of the krausen had sunk

I had much the same problem with a recent Tripe Tykes kit, pretty sure it all went wrong when i added the hop t-bag,

034.jpg

035.jpg

coopsy, very interesting, that's pretty much exactly what my Evil Dog looked like on bottling day, a sort of dusty skin on it with the soggy hop bag lying in the surface gunk. What is/was the latest with the Triple Tykes brew?

I followed your advice, I gave it a few weeks in the bottle, pretty sure the damage was done, really did taste poorly......never mind, it won't put me off trying another one, gotta move on mate.........

Well 90% of that scum disappeared so 2 days ago I sanitized a hop bag and dropped them in.
Bottled today, and had a little sip of the remainder. Its a completely different brew. No harsh acrid acidic hops flavours, just a very nice smooth beer. Very drinkable as it is. Th is gonna be great out the bottle in a few weeks. (I hope!)
25 days from starting to bottling. looked in three times and left it alone. used a hop bag this time, so got 44 500ml bottles out the FV. :)

Back