Youngs brew buddy cider kit help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pisspotlee

Reaction score
Hello ,
i am after bit of help with my cider. i recently brewed 40pts of cider using the youngs cider brew buddy kit form my local wilkinsons. i left it for about 2 week's in the fermenting bucket and then transferred it to a pressure barrel and left it to settle for a week before trying. whilst supping it over the course of a few weeks i noticed the taste kept changing and if the barrel was disturbed it tasted really naff until it re settled, is this normal or had it not finished fermenting before i transferred it to the barrel?

also a friend of mine said i should stir my cider every couple of days as cider ferments from the top and this would help with the fermenting process, is this right?

and at last but not least the hydrometer i got with my kit doesn't have the correct readings on it, has anyone else had this problem?

thanks in advance and sorry for being a numty!!!

once you have barreled your cider/beer e.t.c.and placed it where you want it, you should try not move it at all as moving it will disturb its sediment which will cause it to be cloudy or give an off taste until it settles again. Every brew will continue to ferment slightly to completion when in bottles or a pressure barrel. Taste will vary as it matures. As for your hydrometer could you be more specific about it not having the "correct readings" on it (actual scale or the readings you took)

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back