Youngs New World Saison

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenthorpe

Reaction score
So I've just started to drink my Saison now after letting it bottle condition for two weeks and then chill in the cellar for a week. I must say that it is delicious and tastes very much like a proper Belgian beer with a little more of a hop kick at the end.

I let it ferment at 30c for 11 days then hopped it and bottled after another 4 days. It came out at 6.3% which is bang on what the instructions say.

It has cleared a bit but suspect with this style of beer that it will always be a bit hazy, which is fine by me.

I labelled up a handful of bottles for show really, these are the ones I swap with other friends who brew a bit!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Started this kit yesterday and my its certainly an active little beer bubbling away like a hottub! Its been nice and warm so just wrapped in a towel and hoped it keeps it warm as possible I have no heater!

Noticed the original post you hadn't put your last sugar sachet in? Was this next or did you do abit per bottle? Just curious?

Thanks, fingers crossed.

Rob

Absolutely chuffed to bits.

Just opened my first bottle, very tasty!

I hopped it for last 3 days before bottling. Quite fruity and citrusy I think compared to the IPA. Bit more gassy nice orange colour pretty clear too I primed the sugar in the bottles rather then stir in the fv as the instructions say. Pretty strong too. I'm going to enjoy this alot!

Latest posts

Back