Your Local Seaside Town????

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
originally from bournemouth and some great beaches that way. Just been to cornwall and polperro and padstow were bloody fantastic! Living in nottingham I couldnt be much more inland :( but it makes the ocean even more beautiful when i do get to see it

Snail just reminded me of a couple more . . . She grew up in Kessingland Beach . . .300m from the waters edge(at the time . . . sea has run away since then) . . . and then a short walk south along the Suffolk Heritage trail and you come to Southwold . . . Cracking village and brewery :whistle:

I live in Cornwall so I really am lucky.

Work is in Portreath so I can't get any nearer to the beach. The best time is Winter when I can take the kids down to the beach. No crowds and huge waves rolling in.

You are all making me jealous :mrgreen:. I used to work on a fishfarm on the Wes coast of scotland driving boats, diving and fishing all day long. Never appreciated it when I was there it was work. Oh well I have got the Manchester ship Canal with in spitting distance of work now.

im about a kilometre from the irish sea

if your going all touristy then its southport i suppose.....

Morecambe, I never really go there for leisure other than cycling there and back to strengthen my quads as the physio assures me this (along with other exercises) will help my knackered knee.

I live in Brightlingsea, the beach here is a little muddy, so we head to frinton-on-sea...

86736e54.jpg

98dcbb1e.jpg
toe dipper!!

However if we have loads of rain and a high tide at the same time, i go for a paddle on the road outside my work!!

0b53c2d2.jpg

20a54606.jpg
:lol:

Aleman said:
Hmmmm :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: I wonder :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

:lol:

I can hear the words right now mate...... Tiny in her bedroom " DAAAAAAAaaaaD I can see the SEA from here "

10 or 15 min walk for you :)

Just moved so closest for us would be Brighton, fast trains ahoy!

I do like Walmer and Deal, beaches go on for ever with no. one. on. them. at. all.

I like Hope Cove. Bit of a schlep to get to though.

jonewer said:
Just moved so closest for us would be Brighton, fast trains ahoy!

I do like Walmer and Deal, beaches go on for ever with no. one. on. them. at. all.

I like Hope Cove. Bit of a schlep to get to though.
Once got very **** on scrumpy at hope cove.

Grays beach is a short 10min walk from my front door, the mud flats are home to the lesser spotted shopping trolly whilst the the pebbled foreshore is renown for the deadly broken bottle and disgarded needle

It actually looks quite nice in this photo amazing what three days of photoshopping can do.
636627_201cc1a4.jpg

I`m not far from Grays, you`ve certainly made it look better than it looked when i`ve seen it.

rickthebrew said:
muddydisco said:
If you mean somewhere we go alot then mine is Mevagissey. Diving all around the coasts from there north and south shores also the St Austell beer festival in the winter.
Around 5-6 hours taking a steady roll down and possibly stopping in Cheddar for some cheese's

:thumb: I grew up in Cheddar :D they have a great little brewery http://www.cheddarales.co.uk/ with some great brews :cool: weston was our nearest beach from there :sick:
Lucky enough to live a short drive from fantastic coastline in cornwall, devon, dorset and somerset - going to cornwall for a week at the end of the month :thumb:

Stayed at the "Butchers Arms" in Cheddar back inthe the 70s. The sign was a butcher with knife over a huge cheese.

legionbob said:
Cussword said:
Takes me 10 minutes to walk to the promenade, so we generally drive up to the Lake district.

I can never get into the Lakes due to all the tourists, so I head to blackpool!!

I have to say, tried to get into Ambleside last week. Two mile tailback, ended up in Troutbeck, then Kirkby Lonsdale, beautifull place.

Cussword said:
Stayed at the "Butchers Arms" in Cheddar back inthe the 70s. The sign was a butcher with knife over a huge cheese.

:D It was the butchers till about seven or eight years ago its a food led pub called the riverside which is really popular with the locals and I worked with the owner about 17years ago in another local hotel :thumb:

Grasshopper said:
Live in Warwickshire so no coast locally ( skeggy is prob the nearest ) , but off up to Blackpool for the Bank holiday weekend :thumb:
Skeggy's gone downhill in the last 10 years, last time I went was a couple of years ago.

Latest posts

Back