Your views on how the Tories have handled Coronavirus.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is your opinion. Your opinion is that it is not morally wrong for everyone. You cant present any facts based on the moral standards of others. So its opinion. Debates are almost always based on differing opinions some of which cant be proved or disproved, only backed up with reasoning, some of which you see in the post above this one which correctly points out the bizarre bordering on cringeworthy circling of the wagons round Cummings, who blatantly broke rules he helped to write, and which, when followed by most, have resulted in people not being able to bury loved ones or say goodbye.

The tories think wee Dom acted responsibly. You though.... Well you get a sixty quid fine and treated as a criminal.
Not my opinion, its how debates are run, on facts not what you believe.
In that case the police should fine him if he is guilty of any wrongdoing, I take it he has been fined?

Not my opinion, its how debates are run, on facts not what you believe.
In that case the police should fine him if he is guilty of any wrongdoing, I take it he has been fined?
Are you saying you dont think he did anything wrong?

Please when you answer bear in mind that he claimed to have drove 60 miles to check his eyesight, alongside a wife who can drive.

Are you saying you dont think he did anything wrong?

Please when you answer bear in mind that he claimed to have drove 60 miles to check his eyesight, alongside a wife who can drive.
I am asking has he been fined, where did I mention if he was in the right or wrong?

I am asking has he been fined, where did I mention if he was in the right or wrong?
Pretty obvious the inference was if he hasnt been fined he hasnt done wrong.

What's your opinion on whether or not he done wrong?

Pretty obvious the inference was if he hasnt been fined he hasnt done wrong.

What's your opinion on whether or not he done wrong?
I wouldn't have a clue being in Australia, don't think its even newsworthy. But if the police have taken no action then he couldn't have done anything wrong, the New Zealand health minister got caught twice being out of lock down just got demoted.

I wouldn't have a clue being in Australia, don't think its even newsworthy. But if the police have taken no action then he couldn't have done anything wrong, the New Zealand health minister got caught twice being out of lock down just got demoted.
Yeah but NZ have a leader running their government not a cowardly buffoon like we have.

I have a visceral disdain for the msm. and a large section of the public. As we've seen on the forum there have been plenty of idiots and the like. What suprises me is the Govt. seem to believe everyone is smart (or dumb enough - depending on your view) to follow their instructions. I'd say around 70% of shoppers in the supermarkets dont keep social distance and in the local home bargains 90% of staff as well. So some disdain is in order IMO. :rolleyes:

Why do you say again? I didn't and never will vote Tory it's all the others.
Yes it was a big majority wasn't it, you could probably blame the Okey Pokey Labour party for that, didn't know whether to be in or out from what I have read they still aren't sure. Strong decisive leadership not ditherers is what is needed.

Yes it was a big majority wasn't it, you could probably blame the Okey Pokey Labour party for that, didn't know whether to be in or out from what I have read they still aren't sure. Strong decisive leadership not ditherers is what is needed.
Shame we haven't got any strong leadership but we might have when Keir becomes PM.

TGDb8OI.png

David Squires cartoon

Getting back to the OP with some facts
1. Delayed by 20+ days from being advised to lock down by their experts and doing it.
2. The above led to an extra 1.3 million cases of Covid.
3. Worst numbers of deaths in Europe.
4. Either 37k or 47k deaths depending on who's figures are to be believed.
5. Senior adviser breaks lockdown rules.
6. PM supports senior adviser.
7. PMs ratings in the opinion polls have dropped dramatically.
8. Testing still not acceptable.

So are the Tories doing a good job, are they f**k.

1. Delayed by 20+ days from being advised to lock down by their experts and doing it.

I would wait for the crisis to end which could be a long way off yet, then see the final results, experts over here say we are only a 1/4 of the way into it.

It also made the news today that of countries gathering comparable data (so you would imagine those we would see as our peer group) we have the most deaths per million of population in the entire world.

Damning stuff. Unprecedented or not, this virus was way more controllable than our leaders either demonstrated nor would have us believe.

It also made the news today that of countries gathering comparable data (so you would imagine those we would see as our peer group) we have the most deaths per million of population in the entire world.

Damning stuff. Unprecedented or not, this virus was way more controllable than our leaders either demonstrated nor would have us believe.
Hardly surprising when you couldn't follow lockdown rules like other countries.

Back