Anyone tried this? Blanche de namur

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDan

Landlord.
Reaction score
As per title, and sorry if this is in the wrong section.... I'm just making the most of the sun while working through some of Belgian beers I got for Christmas.

Just drinking a wheat beer, never had one before.. not sure if all taste the same or if this is just a particularly good one.... It's so nice I'm wanting to make one, if anyone has a recipe, I'm all ears..... Enjoy the sunshine all!!!!

I had a bottle of this at a recent Belgian beer tasting evening at the Meantime Brewery in Greenwich.
Would be a great beer to be drinking in this weather!

They described it as a blegian wit beer & the guy there talked a bit about the recipe, I cant really remember much about it, other that it has coriander and bitter orange peel in, and most interesting of all, it ferments out and is ready to drink in a week. :thumb:

I'm afraid I cant remember anything else, like how much wheat, yeast type etc.

I have a couple of recipes for a blanche (white) beer , it's a french/belgian beer basically 2 row around 55% and pale wheat malt 45% with some curacao bitter orange peel (approx30g) and some coriander seeds cracked with a rolling pin in a tea towel not crushed to dust (around 30g ) . For my wit biers i use wlp 400 (hoegaarden) but these blanches recipes i have use wlp 410 and hops are saaz between 10 ibu to 20 ibu , my wit biers have around 15 ibu . hope this helps .

Thanks for the reply guys, it really did hit the spot yesterday , I've never tried anything quite like it.... But it's one I'd love to have a go at making, especially if it only takes a week!!

:D
ezedydy3.jpg

Latest posts

Back