Competition schedule 2022

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Chippy_Tea can you remove @DavidHatton From June, I can't edit the post.

We are looking for another judge. A nice job for someone looking to taste a good selection of dark beers, all you need to do is score each one and provide feedback.
I'm doing the November lager but I would prefer the dark beers month. I don't drink an awful lot of lagers so might not be the best judge of them.

Is there a category for American Amber Ale, can it go in the May American Pale Ale competition?

I don't think we're quite as pedantic as the BJCP but I suppose you've got to draw the line somewhere. If it's a major issue I can brew it more like an APA 👍🍻

Is there a category for American Amber Ale, can it go in the May American Pale Ale competition?

I don't think we're quite as pedantic as the BJCP but I suppose you've got to draw the line somewhere. If it's a major issue I can brew it more like an APA 👍🍻

Happy for it to go in the may competition, especially as I'm judging! 🤣

In all seriousness though, American pales does seem the right place for it.... dare I say that I believe it would be in its hoppy place...

I have a passable American IPA ( Two hearted clone ) just bottle conditioning any idea where this would sit in the comp schedule ?

Is it even feasible at this stage? Almost half way through the month and postal strikes. Plus secret santa is on the go. I am happy to do it if enough people are willing to enter but I did judge the last dark beer month (September/October time, I think) so don't want to be unfair to others.

And don't forgot ite free to use their tracking option which gives you another week or so
I assume this is an online-only thing? The guy in the post office treated me like I had offended him when I asked about it on Saturday. The only way I was getting tracking was if I paid for it.

Is it even feasible at this stage? Almost half way through the month and postal strikes. Plus secret santa is on the go. I am happy to do it if enough people are willing to enter but I did judge the last dark beer month (September/October time, I think) so don't want to be unfair to others.
I'm happy to send one in

Back