Diane Abbott: My views on IRA, like my hair, have changed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Labour get in surely JC has to kick her into touch.

As the day gets closer my decision has been painful.. But I come down to voting for policy and not people.. To be honest that puts me towards the labour camp.. That said its hard to ignore the fact people like this could be in our cabinet.. I like JC actually I have reservations about him too though and potentially we are also facing Jimmie Crankie getting in on the act too.. :sick:

That's one of the problems I had with the Brexit vote (let's not get into that one though) as it was Farage/The Wee Crankie on one side and Boris on the other...

As the day gets closer my decision has been painful.. But I come down to voting for policy and not people.. To be honest that puts me towards the labour camp.. That said its hard to ignore the fact people like this could be in our cabinet.. I like JC actually I have reservations about him too though and potentially we are also facing Jimmie Crankie getting in on the act too.. :sick:

I have said before that i usually vote labour in General elections but simply can't vote for them.JC is a liability and i think he would be a very weak leader.
I should damn well vote,always have done BUT this time around i can't.
Don't see the point in going and tossing a vote away on some non descript party,so i shall stay in and vote with my bum.

At the end of the video he asks - is it true that JC & JM have been trying to keep you off the airwaves and that they see you as a bit of a liability, she denies it, if Labour do get in she will be removed in a reshuffle.

if Labour do get in she will be removed in a reshuffle. .
But time will tell on that, so don't write it off as an option.
Liability or not she has been one of Corbyn's staunchest political allies and has supported him along the way, and the possible outcome of that is that she will be rewarded for her loyalty by a cabinet post, not least that she will continue her support in cabinet. Thats how politics works.
Stranger things have happened in UK government, whoever is in power.

If it is true that JC & JM have been trying to keep her off the airwaves and that they see her as a bit of a liability i do not see how they can leave her in place.

I have just heard she has not taken part in women's hour as she is unwell, as they have said was this very convenient or is she really ill, she seems to be turning up having done no research and is being caught out by questions she should have the answer to, very strange.

Woman’s Hour said in a statement on Twitter: “A change in the #WHdebate line-up this morning: @HackneyAbbott taken ill. @UKLabour say finding a replacement. Tune in at 9am.”

Labour said: "Diane Abbott is unable to take part in the Woman's Hour election phone in because of illness. Emily Thornberry has agreed to take part in her place."

The announcement prompted a mixed reaction online, with one Twitter user saying: "Hilarious. Damage control in action. What a shame. The country deserves to hear how inept this Labour leadership really is".

Another added: "After her performance on Sky talking about the Harris report, I can't say I'm surprised".

Others branded Ms Abbott's illness "very convenient".

The Express.

If it is true that JC & JM have been trying to keep her off the airwaves and that they see her as a bit of a liability i do not see how they can leave her in place.

I have just heard she has not taken part in women's hour as she is unwell, as they have said was this very convenient or is she really ill, she seems to be turning up having done no research and is being caught out by questions she should have the answer to, very strange.

And then was quickly spotted out and about town chatting away on her mobile.charlatan politician

I think its damage control, if thy got rid of her today they would get more votes.

I think something's well wrong there.
I hope Labour win but it's unlikely,I can't even bring myself to listen to or watch Teresa thatcher

Says shes taking an indefinite break..

I hope for her sake the unwell thing is a smoke and mirrors tactic to her getting put into touch on teh political front and she isn't actually suffering from a genuine illness.

She doesn't seem to be on top of her game, for someone in her position not to know basic figures and about the report in her latest screw up is unforgivable.

Shadow Home Secretary job being taken on by Lyn Brown.
Looks like she has the right credentials.

In June 2011, Brown was criticised by campaigners for recruiting an unpaid intern whilst also supporting "a living wage for all". Gus Baker of Intern Aware stated Brown had replaced a paid member of staff with an unpaid intern, accusing her of double hypocrisy and noting how such conduct denied opportunities to poorer people such as those from Brown's constituency. Brown stated she "would like to pay everyone" in her office, but "did not have the resources to do so".[

Shadow Home Secretary job being taken on by Lyn Brown.
Looks like she has the right credentials.

In June 2011, Brown was criticised by campaigners for recruiting an unpaid intern whilst also supporting "a living wage for all". Gus Baker of Intern Aware stated Brown had replaced a paid member of staff with an unpaid intern, accusing her of double hypocrisy and noting how such conduct denied opportunities to poorer people such as those from Brown's constituency. Brown stated she "would like to pay everyone" in her office, but "did not have the resources to do so".[
Didn't she resign from the shadow cabinet in an outright stance against Corby's leadership?

I have a feeling the long term illness is going to turn out to be a career ending one.

'It has now become clear'

Labour's international trade spokesman Barry Gardiner said he had been told by Labour Party officials that Ms Abbott was suffering from a long-term illness.

"Diane is clearly not well and I understand that it is a condition which has been diagnosed and is long-term," Mr Gardiner told TalkRadio.

"I think anybody who has seen her in the past couple of weeks would realise that she was showing that she was not well, in the way in which she had been operating."

He added: "Everybody is aware that Diane didn't perform well in a couple of programmes, but what we didn't know was why and I think that has now become clear."

Latest posts

Back