Diane Abbott: My views on IRA, like my hair, have changed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully it's something that can be cured or managed. I wish no suffering on any of my fellow human beings, apart perhaps from the chav who told me to get on the F****** cycle track.

when I caught up with him at the lights, he had a mouthful back. He was texting on his mobile too :nono: if only I had a go pro camera attached to the helmet I never wear :doh:

I suppose what he meant to say was 'please keep of the road in case I run you over whilst being distracted by texting and driving. - helpful chap :lol:

Hopefully it's something that can be cured or managed. I wish no suffering on any of my fellow human

I also hope its nothing serious and it can be managed having said that if i never see her on TV again it will not be a moment too soon for me.

Diane was the first black woman to have a seat in the House of Commons. She MADE HISTORY. Her father was welder, her mother a nurse. How many working class kids do we have in politics these days?

Diane went to Cambridge University to study history. IN THE SEVENTIES. In 2017 only 15 black kids went to Cambridge.

Diane worked for the Home Office in 1976. She was so smart they put her on a course to fast-track her career.
In 2008, her speech on civil liberties in the counterterrorism debate won Parliamentary Speech Of The Year in the Spectator awards.

In September 2011, the Telegraph called her ‘one of Labours best frontbench performers’.
And how, how has this brilliant, bright, dedicated, black woman been thanked for 30 years of daily service to our country?
Like this. This is how you repay her. She gets this abuse like this. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. FOR. THIRTY. YEARS.
<thx to jack monroe>

It makes no difference to all her accolades of the past,she is now a political dinosaur.just one of many the labour party has to rid itself of if it wants to get back in step with modern day politics,no labour party so far left of the centre has ever won a GE and on Friday I expect history to tell us the status quo has remained so

Martin it doesn't matter to me what she has done before her latest TV appearances have been a car crash she is obviously not fit to do her job but as i have said i wish her well and hope she makes a full recovery.

Martin it doesn't matter to me what she has done before her latest TV appearances have been a car crash she is obviously not fit to do her job but as i have said i wish her well and hope she makes a full recovery.

I'd agree that she hasn't performed well recently, and it is good that recent posts here wish her well.

She has been, and continues to be the subject of really unpleasant personal abuse. Some of the abuse here has mentioned her gender, elsewhere her race is mentioned as well.

I do not support her politically, but I I mentioned all she has achieved because no one else had done so.

I wonder how any black female forum members might read this thread.

Or maybe beer is just for white blokes.

I would be very surprised if we had a black female brewer on here, white females are thin enough on the ground.

Probably on a phone or tablet. :wink:

Joking aside - all i can say is non of the 1,661 people that have viewed the thread have reported any posts to the moderators so maybe not as badly as you imagine.

I'd agree that she hasn't performed well recently, and it is good that recent posts here wish her well.

She has been, and continues to be the subject of really unpleasant personal abuse. Some of the abuse here has mentioned her gender, elsewhere her race is mentioned as well.

I do not support her politically, but I I mentioned all she has achieved because no one else had done so.

Or maybe beer is just for white blokes.

And I wonder how many Asian, Chinese and Hispanic read this thread and think why on earth have you brought race into the issue?
This is exactly why reasonable yet sometimes unfriendly debates turn into bomb sites.

And I wonder how many Asian, Chinese and Hispanic read this thread and think why on earth have you brought race into the issue?
This is exactly why reasonable yet sometimes unfriendly debates turn into bomb sites.

Thanks for the reply BeerisGOD,

You have a point, and I'm having a think about it.

I think that I brought race into it, because I perceive this forum to be mainly white male, and I feel uncomfortable with SOME (not all) of the posts in two recent threads - you know the ones I mean - that consider the faults of those who are not white male.

Can you see what I am getting at?

Thanks again

Martin

because I perceive this forum to be mainly white male,

I have never given this a thought until tonight and admit i am guilty of assuming the same. :oops:

I'm sure she'll be back. Politicians are like herpes. You think you've got rid of them then they come back with a vengence. How many of the feckers have we seen, that we thought we've seen the last of, then they turn up like a bad smell

Black people want to be treated differently (Music of Black Origin Awards, Black Police Officers Association etc etc) then complain when they are. You can't win. As if it's a competition anyway.

Black people want to be treated differently (Music of Black Origin Awards, Black Police Officers Association etc etc) then complain when they are. You can't win. As if it's a competition anyway.
agreed its a sad state of affairs now that the PC mob have made racism a one way street.racism cuts both ways

Disgraceful, insular, backwards. You should be ashamed. You say you can't win. White people have been winning for centuries. They still are.

Black and minority ethnic people have always been treated differently. Have you forgotten? They have been persecuted, segregated and driven into slavery. They have poorer standards of living, education, prospects, and are more likely to be involved in crime as a result. Even if they are not, they have more chance of being stopped and/or arrested without having committed a crime.

You should take that back, really.

Latest posts

Back