Forum meet up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When's best for you for the meet up

• 15th Nov

• 29th Nov

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nice one Paul, will be good to see you there :thumb:

jamesb said:
Yes they do. Around a fiver for all forms of transport.
And I think I'll get the 23:26 back to Chester from Stockport, saves money on a B&B.

What's the name of these tickets jamesb??

I will probably be getting a train home about that time too but in the other direction :thumb:

Right guys, sorry I've not been around a lot lately :oops:

I'm going to sort a room at the crown tomorrow and I'll try and get a list of beers that might be on :thumb:
I'll arrange the start for 7pm ;)

Just how many forum members are likely to be attending?

To my knowledge, Ryan, me, Brewstew, Aleman, EB, Paul (BB), Rat ale, jb and a couple more I can't remember at the mo :roll:

Northern CBA do allow non members

Yes they do. I've asked previously if swimbo may attend due to her being the dedicated driver. I've also asked if BS can come along with me (I'll chase them over that tomorrow, but I'm sure it'll be fine)

It'll be good to see you Paul :thumb:

eskimobob said:
Nice one Paul, will be good to see you there :thumb:
jamesb said:
Yes they do. Around a fiver for all forms of transport.
And I think I'll get the 23:26 back to Chester from Stockport, saves money on a B&B.
What's the name of these tickets jamesb??
I will probably be getting a train home about that time too but in the other direction :thumb:

They're called System One Daysavers.

http://www.systemonetravelcards.co.uk/

Dunfie said:
BrewStew said:
just thinking ahead...

what's the chance of making the meet up Bi-annual, and have one down sarf... and one up t' north? so that everyone has chance to attend?

How far north were you thinking Stew :whistle: :P

hehe.. well, keeping the manchester one, and maybe having one in Oxford or someting?

Ok, I'll be internetless now until monday (or until Tiscali decide they want to reconnect my DSL) so I'll see you all tomorrow. :drunk:

Right. Beer O'Clock :drink:

Right, I've been in and we are expected around 7pm :cheers:
Entering the lounge (far left red door on the ostide of the pub) we are in the second room on the left as you enter.
There should be 16 cask ales on pump :drink:

Sarah who works there might be joining us. She has recently done very well in competitions and she brews in a local micro brewery :cool:

Here's the Crown Inns website http://thecrowninn.uk.com/

and this link has directions clicky

Have fun you lot. I'm probably nearer to a Belgian bar than The Crown. And by that I mean a bar actually in Belgium.

I'll expect lots of photos of beer engines etc... on Monday instead :)

Cheers ft :thumb:

Forgot to say before...guess which guest beer may be on tap tomorrow
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Guess
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Morrisey Fox Pale :shock: :nono:
I hope it all goes tonight ....where's the praying emoticon when you need it :D

By tomorrow night they will be probably be giving the mofo ale away :lol: Did anybody taste this stuff yet?

i think we should all form a pact and never ever by mofo beer... and spread the word too :lol:

Hi

I've not posted for a while, caus I'm fed up. I've got a knee operation on Wednesday and I've been told not to have any alcohol leading up to it :evil: I've known about the op a while, but not this latest news, I've been looking forward to nattering with you chaps and testing the Crown's ales, bah :x :sick:

I can't come, it'll be too tempting, hope you guys have a gooden :cheers:

P.S: you could always get Sarah to shake that mofo sh!t stuff up.

Have a good night all.. :drunk: ....Sorry I cant be there :cry:

just got back home. total miles: 250 :shock:

last night was a bit of a disaster for me as i got a crackin migraine about an hour in to the meetup and had to go lie down in the back of Mrs Wez's car!

was a little bit disappointed with the beer too up till the point i had to stop drinking... i'd barely had anything too! :(

still it was good to meet everyone :thumb:

oh and the NCBA members seemed blown away by my Tard 2, Wasp Stinger and most of all the Hedgehog forum bitter :thumb: i was hoping for crits and solutions but everyone loved it... and others annoyed cos i've only been brewing just over a year :lol: result :thumb:

Back