Home Brew Competition - May 17

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@grmski, @strange-steve, @alanmanley, @jfb, @wfr42, @ajhutch, @hoddy, @doctormick, @jceg316 - checking in on this one. I've got two parcels to collect from the PO so i'm guessing these are entries from some of you lot.

If you're still yet to post i'd be grateful if you could do so as soon as is convenient. I am hoping to sample on Saturday this week but if i get confirmation from the parties listed above that their entries are on their way and they don't arrive before Saturday i will postpone.

I sent mine a week ago last Thursday. So either at your post office or not promising....!

I sent mine a week ago last Thursday. So either at your post office or not promising....!

Likely in the PO - wife hasn't managed to get up there yet! I'm going up on Friday to collect them so will give you a bell if it's there :lol:

@grmski, @strange-steve, @alanmanley, @jfb, @wfr42, @ajhutch, @hoddy, @doctormick, @jceg316 - checking in on this one. I've got two parcels to collect from the PO so i'm guessing these are entries from some of you lot.

If you're still yet to post i'd be grateful if you could do so as soon as is convenient. I am hoping to sample on Saturday this week but if i get confirmation from the parties listed above that their entries are on their way and they don't arrive before Saturday i will postpone.

I won't be submitting in this comp I'm afraid. Couldn't get round to making one on time due to having to make other beers for other events.

@ajhutch, bottle in my possession now. I've got two entries from @JFB also (no forum name attached but guessing from initials).

So, @dan125, @ajhutch and @jfb have entries in.

@jceg316 thanks for the update!

Excellent, enjoy! Best drunk chilled for what it's worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ajhutch, bottle in my possession now. I've got two entries from @JFB also (no forum name attached but guessing from initials).

So, @dan125, @ajhutch and @jfb have entries in.

@jceg316 thanks for the update!

Sounds like me:oops: "Kewi or won't he" and a "patersbier"
Enjoy the beer and looking forward to feedback:thumb:

Sounds like me:oops: "Kewi or won't he" and a "patersbier"
Enjoy the beer and looking forward to feedback:thumb:

That'd be the beers!

Is it considered bad form to ask for the SMaSH ingredients from our competitors prior to sampling?

If not then please PM them to me!

I'm fine with this, as long as the others also think it's cool😎

Thanks guys. Knowing what kind of profile to expect gives me good pointers as to whether or not they're hitting the mark.

BTW, not that i wasn't already excited about the beers but the recipes i've received contain some of my favourite ingredients!

Hi all. Sadly looks like I won't be able to enter this comp now as I planned. It would appear I've had a yeast starter issue and the stressed yeast has all but ruined my beer.

DAM IT!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a real shame. I think it had real promise to be a stormer. Needless to say it's on the brew schedule to have another go and see how it should have turned out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The wife and I sampled four bottles of SMaSH on Saturday. Without further ado the results are:

1st - @Dan125 - Galaxies Mildly Collide
2nd - @JFB - Kiwi or Won't He
3rd - @AJHutch - Orange SMaSH

It was an interesting one and multiple sips were taken for all involved. I will not lie that Dan's beer and AJHutch's SMaSH actually were in the running for first place but on balance of all scoring (which i'll send with feedback today) Dan came out on top with JFB's Kiwi beer pipping AJ by a mere 2.5 points on the scale.

Thanks to all involved.

Thanks a lot for judging and for the feedback. Looking forward to hearing all the recipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one, well done dan:clap:
Thanks for the feedback ezraburke:thumb: First time brewing a smash, really fun style

Wow - bit surprised with winning this as the beer didn't come out at as I'd imagined it would - but I've found that making a SMASH defo helps give a better understanding of the flavour conributions of individual ingredients.
Thanks for judging & feedback @ezraburke :hat:
Posting of my recipe will have to wait a little while as the beer is also in another comp that's meant to be anonimous.
:cheers:

Any reason this got judged before the end of the month/deadline?
I received indication that I had all the beers I was going to so announced I was doing this at the weekend. No one raised any objections at that point.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back