Jay's Electric Brewery Build - UK Version

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, I have had abit of time to do more work on the control panel :D

The Heat Sink has now been sealed and put into place:

Work has also started on the wiring which by the looks of it is going to take a rather long time!!

The wire colours that I am using is as follows:-

Black = Live
Red = Neutral
Yellow/Green = Earth

Most of the components have been fitted to the back board and I am in the process of planning cable routes so it looks a bit messy and untidy at the moment

The Earth and Power cables have been all installed:-

Jay

tim_n said:
Hi Jay, I've just put my version up - doesn't have anywhere as near as many buttons and pretty displays, but I just wanted to get down to the brewing!

you can read it here: http://www.waark.com/tag/ebiab/

Hi Tim, just had a good read through and .... Wow, very impressive... I must admit that I really can't wait to start brewing myself but I decided to treat myself just the 1 time and build how I wanted it the first time.

Keep the updates comming!!!

Jay

Jay7792 said:
tim_n said:
Hi Jay, I've just put my version up - doesn't have anywhere as near as many buttons and pretty displays, but I just wanted to get down to the brewing!

you can read it here: http://www.waark.com/tag/ebiab/

Hi Tim, just had a good read through and .... Wow, very impressive... I must admit that I really can't wait to start brewing myself but I decided to treat myself just the 1 time and build how I wanted it the first time.

Keep the updates comming!!!

Jay

Impressive that it works? ;)

:electric:

:cheers:

Anyway, I really want the big matt black panel etc, but the BIAB system doesn't really warrant it. At present I want an emergency off switch and a set of fuses. I've got an amp meter to fit as well, but not yet had the chance to dremel out a hole. Too busy brewing!

Bottling up the first batch next Sunday hopefully! Assuming it's finished fermenting. Both of these have taken the longest I've ever had to ferment. Mostly mine have been over in 3-4 days (perhaps too hot, I usually brew in the summer when the room temperatures are warm but stable. Relying on the central heating was sporadic as I prefered to have it on only twice a day. Now we've got a young kid, we keep it at a fairly static 18-19'C.

WE HAVE POWER!!!!

Hi All, today I powered up the panel for the first time!!!

There was no smoke and the house electrics did not trip so all in all it was good:)

Tested all of the switches and they all did what they were supposed to do.

Still need to connect up the Volt and Amp meters when the step down power converters arrive and I still need to wire up the Timer and alarm switches:)

Jay

Fantastic stuff so far Jay - I'm following your build with great interest (although well beyond any upcoming plans for me just yet)
Looking forward to seeing the updates.
All the best with it! :thumb:

Hi Jay,

Are you just following the guide on the electric brewery website (or book as i seem to recall reading that you'd bought that)?

I spotted the electric brewery a few weeks back and was very interested. Like you, ive decided to upgrade to a final setup and want to do it properly.

If you have it, is the book any good? Worth buying?
My concern was that its an American site and wondered how it translated over to England power grid requirements :?:

How does the control box connect to mains power? Any special requirements (larger fuses, higher amp cables etc?)

Cheers! Cracking stuff so far!!

Latest posts

Back