Lager Than Life 2024

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Low 30’s for my anaemic Dunkel, would have got high 30’s if entered as a generic Amber according to the guys on the ground.
Top day out, and hats off to the LAB guys. And a Belfast boy won, congrats!!

Had a lovely day out in London with the LAB folks yesterday. Some impressive beers.

Things that interested me/my takeaways:
- over half the judges had travelled internationally to be there. I judged with FInnish and Italian judges - they were excellent.
- there were lots of NZ Pilsners - I've never made one!
- people are at their best when doing/talking about what they love - everyone was lovely
- Lucas ran a great comp
- James Wilson knows his stuff as head judge
- Ken is doing great work as the UK BJCP head honcho
- The bus from Norwich to Stratford at 6am was as quick as the train - and quicker when there are engineering works
- London is still a mad city

Cheers

Had a lovely day out in London with the LAB folks yesterday. Some impressive beers.

Things that interested me/my takeaways:
- over half the judges had travelled internationally to be there. I judged with FInnish and Italian judges - they were excellent.
- there were lots of NZ Pilsners - I've never made one!
- people are at their best when doing/talking about what they love - everyone was lovely
- Lucas ran a great comp
- James Wilson knows his stuff as head judge
- Ken is doing great work as the UK BJCP head honcho
- The bus from Norwich to Stratford at 6am was as quick as the train - and quicker when there are engineering works
- London is still a mad city

Cheers
Strange how they let the head judge enter the competition.

Back