SUMMERSWAP 2013 (BEER)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
morethanworts said:
sdsratm said:
Just had a taste of the brew I was due to swap and it's not even close to ready. Luckily i have a stash of other types, would it be a problem to change style? I just haven't made my mind up which to swap, is it ok to let u know tomorrow?

Ps, sorry for the hassle :oops:

No problem at all! Just let me know so I can change the records. I'm pairing up swappers with similar beers, where possible, then randomly within that, so I will just shuffle things around slightly.

Ok sorry for the delay, it's gonna be an American wheat beer rather than the IPA. It's called Paddy's Irish American Wheat :thumb:
Thanks, Stevie.

1_zpsa1765f58.jpeg

Last day peeps!!!

DING DING!
Last orders for the Summer Bottle Swap 2013 beer entries :!:

You'll still have two weeks to get your brew posted to a fellow swapper (deadline 14th July for that) if you register today, but we'll have to call time on new entries at midnight tonight, so we can get pairing people up and send out the details.

Keep checking back here for a link to a new 'feedback thread' when it opens in a week or two's time and please, please, DO leave some feedback for the person who so lovingly prepared your tipple, quoting their 'ticket number' that came with it, when the time comes - pics and all!

MTW

OK

We've got 29 entries for the beer swap! Well done everyone :cheers:

I'd be very happy to accept one more entry to even up the pairs - even a second bottle of the same brew from an existing swapper (a couple of others have done this)... otherwise swap-admin may be forced to inflict another bottle of poison on some unsuspecting participant themselves!

Pairs are nearly sorted now. Just a lot of copying and pasting of addresses into emails to start, so please bear with me over the next day or two. If you don't get your email by Thursday night (4th) then please get in touch at the usual [email protected] address.

Entries are now closed for the beer summerswap (unless someone wants to sneak one in quick to even the numbers up!!)
Id like to thank everyone who has joined in and i look forward to sampling one of your beers shortly and inflicting one of mine on one of you.
29 is a great start (30 would be better :whistle: ) for the beer swap and gives us a really strong starting point for the next swap, which following some feedback/consultation from all you swappers will be either autumn or christmas.
I will add a tasting notes thread which hopefully the mods will make a sticky as they have with this one; for all of your feedback - over the next few days in antisipation.
Big man hugs to morethanworts for his feverish hard work.
Cheers :cheers:
KC.

calumscott said:
anthonyUK said:
Put me down for two please to even out the numbers.
:rofl:

He means 'put me down for an second one', Calum - but I can see why it sounded funny!

Anthony - I will accept your kind offer. A second one of the same brew?

Maybe in the next swap we should have a second bottle for every entry sent to Bottleswap HQ, just for moderation purposes, obviously :whistle: :drunk:

I'd be very happy to accept one more entry to even up the pairs - even a second bottle of the same brew from an existing swapper

Just for you Calum. I suppose it would sound funny if you hadn't read the previous posts :D

It will be two of the same from me.

Yeah, after I stopped chuckling I figured that's maybe what was meant...

I still find it funny though... :thumb:

Right, I think that's everyone emailed now for beer entries in the Bottleswap!

If you haven't received an email with a ticket number and a name and address then please let me know.

It's over to you guys... :cheers:

The relentless world of bottleswap never ceases and the hard working admin staff at bottleswap towers are feaverishly plotting and planning in preperation to bring you.........either AutumnSwap or WinterSwap 2013!!!!
Some feedback on the SummerSwap would be greatly appreciated as and when is relavent from your goodselves and will enable us to better plan future events. We are working on a seasonal standard calendar to help you better plan and brew and so we can broaden the basis of the swap.
Thanks in anticipation.
KC :thumb:

Address received, will try and post this weekend. Well done guys, seems very well organized. Thanks T

Posting mine today. I'm eagerly awaiting a bottle of someone elses to try. This has been a cracking idea. Many thanks to those who've organised it :thumb:

How long should we let the bottles stand for to let the sediment settle? Will putting them in the fridge help even if the serving temperature is different?

Latest posts

Back