What razor do you use.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolls razor for me, sharpens easily and 3 drops of shaving oil.
Bought the rolls razor second hand, reckon it's from the 50s.
Tried a cutthroat for a while that was a painful experiment.

Dad had one of those Rolls things in a drawer in the 70's. Blade was either removed for safe keeping out of our reach or lost. Seeing it in full I suspect I'd be taking skin grafts with it. When I decided to start shaving used my elder brothers Gillette Techmatic, bloody lethal flexible wobbly foil blade, looked like 2face from the batman movie first and only time I used it.
1683399384067.png

So as for now, Merkur 34C bought for me about 5/6 years ago, wife got sick of moaning about the cost of multi blade Gillette's costing an arm and a leg. Much less skin rash and better, closer shaves. Now my go to, although had a beard since start of lockdown and just gone clean shave again this month. As for blades, think I've tried most on the market so far, the Feather blades seem a bit too aggressive for me - lots of minor cuts and nicks, wilkinsons seemed to go blunt quickly. Currently on Dorcos which seem to be a decent balance of closeness vs comfort vs lifespan.

Also got a Jagger long handled (89L) - bit more agressive on the skin and a chinese knock off Merkur Futur, quite good for the low price (think it was <£10) but find both of these a bit harder to get in around the nose.

Latest posts

Back