Balliihoo Keg Problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
I have a Balliihoo Presure Keg the one with the float in See link
https://www.balliihoo.co.uk/registe...2-injection-valve-pressure-indicator-p-4.html
I have just filled it with beer up to the 40 pint mark and added the priming sugar put the lid on top and tightened it. So I thought before it gets pressurised I would take a sample of the beer out the tap to put into the bottle to get a idea how it is brewing by looking at the bottle but nothing came out the tap when I turned it on. Now I know the float sits at the bottom of the keg shoud beer come out or should I have to wait until it is pressurised before any beer come out or have got a faulty Keg

I'm having a guess, but with no pressure and it being a sealed unit now you have created a vacuum, you would need to release the cap if you wanted to use the tap with no pressure.

I know the float sits at the bottom of the keg shoud beer come out or should I have to wait until it is pressurised before any beer come out or have got a faulty Keg

The float is on the top of the beer (it floats) and needs pressure in the barrel to push the beer out. Give it a couple of weeks and it'll be great 😀

Back