de pressurize crusader keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lagerlad

Reaction score
hi everyone,coming to the end of my first crusader keg(well i think so anyway lasted a while may be bottomless,i hope)so i have to let the pressure out before i remove the spear anyone any idea how to do this cheers lagerlad

insert a coupler with the co2 duckbill/connections removed, and beer out plugged or if concerned about a sudden damp spurt pop a control valve on the end and bleed off the pressure..

Also a "D" type coupler is a shallower version of an "S" coupler and if used in a "S" keg will vent the co2 without engaging the beer out ;)

hi fil thanks for the reply so i just plug the john guest fitting on beer out thats one side dealt with...other side unplug co2 do i remove john guest fitting if i do what else do i remove to allow co2 to bleed out cheers lagerlad

sankey%20s%20diagram%20PRODUCT.jpg

#11 is the 'Duck Bill' the soft rubber one way valve that lets co2 in but not out of the keg, the removal of the co2 connecting fitting should release it and then it will vent the co2.

Well lesson learnt a face full of beer later I thought maybe I can push down on centre of keg to let co2 out it would have worked if I was not directly above haha,went with fil and blocked beer out side of coupler stuck screwdriver in gas in side and out came the co2,worked a treat,new keg on,great cheers lagerlad

Latest posts

Back