Work Related Rant Inbound.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyboy1965

Landlord.
Reaction score
Ill try to keep it short.
After working 15 days without a day off, I was told by the General Manager, under no circumstances should I go into work tomorrow "we will close the restaurant if needed".
Just received a text from the Food and Beveridge Manager...."John your going to get a phone call from the Sales Manager, everyone is here...CEO, Directors, Group F+B...EVERYONE"
Phone rings./..."Hello, its XXXXXX, Sales Manager, Ive just taken a booking for 30 covers for tomorrow lunch, can you come in and do it"

"Not a F*****g chance"

"But Ive promised them that we could do it"

"Not My F*****g problem"

" What does it take for you to come in and do it?"

I randomly picked a figure..."Ill come in and do it for £500"...I was only joking

"Oh, can I get back to you?"

2mins later the phone rings again...its the CEO...."Hello John, Ive authorized paying you the £500 that you asked for and I am really sorry for making you come into work, dont worry about the £500, Im docking it out of the Sales Managers commission".

Now heres the crux, because Ive got a day off, Ive prepared everything for 2 days..its all in the fridge, all I have to do is take it out of the fridge, cook it, plate it, and serve it.

The beers a on me...

Bet you wish you'd asked for £750!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It gets better....just received a text from the F+B Manager....."John, Its all kicking off, they (CEO and Senior Managers) have got the Sales Manager in a office for a "closed door discussion" and I can here the shouting from here.

It gets better....just received a text from the F+B Manager....."John, Its all kicking off, they (CEO and Senior Managers) have got the Sales Manager in a office for a "closed door discussion" and I can here the shouting from here.

You should have asked them to buy a special piece of catering equipment called a Grainfather!. Anyway, well done and I hope you haven't made a rod for your own back.

It now gets even better, and I dont know what to do???
I went into work this morning, just to do a little ordering and tidying, and the Sales Manager just blanked me. Well, I thought...."F**k You, You Dick...carried on with my job and came home....Well, I just got a text from the Food and Beveridge Manger saying "the Sales Manager needs to speak to me and is it OK for him to phone you"
"Yes, of course he can"
Phone rings....Sales manager.......I cant afford to loose �£500.00 this month...kids Xmas presents etc etc etc.

Now, What do I do?

It wasn't your decision to take the money from him, you only asked for what you wanted and got it. If he doesn't like the way its gone down he should take it up with the bosses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. You didn't dock his pay, the CEO did. This is between the CEO and the sales manager.

It doesn't matter if it was his fault or not. Perhaps it wasn't the sales manager's fault. Perhaps he was wrongly told that they could take bookings and someone else is at fault, or perhaps there is a communication issue. Perhaps the business should absorb the cost. Maybe not. Who knows? As far as JB is concered it doesn't matter. He named his price, management agreed, he did the work and he should be paid for it. The time for the sales manager to talk the amount down was before the work was done. That time has passed so now it is between the sales manager and the CEO.

It now gets even better, and I dont know what to do???
I went into work this morning, just to do a little ordering and tidying, and the Sales Manager just blanked me. Well, I thought...."F**k You, You Dick...carried on with my job and came home....Well, I just got a text from the Food and Beveridge Manger saying "the Sales Manager needs to speak to me and is it OK for him to phone you"
"Yes, of course he can"
Phone rings....Sales manager.......I cant afford to loose ���£500.00 this month...kids Xmas presents etc etc etc.

Now, What do I do?

Tell him to sod off, the HBF forumites want their Wherry's!

Latest posts

Back