The Anti-Work Movement

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Essentially, the system in the UK is about right in terms of support for the needy.

The problem comes when the woke brigade put barriers up to ‘protect’ the dossers and dole cheats.

We are now in a situation where there are half a million jobs going begging, yet we still have clearly fit and healthy enough young men and women to do some of these jobs.

It’s time to start issuing jobs and if people refuse ‘reasonable’ employment for no good reason, other than I don’t want to work, stop their money.

Essentially, the system in the UK is about right in terms of support for the needy.

The problem comes when the woke brigade put barriers up to ‘protect’ the dossers and dole cheats.

We are now in a situation where there are half a million jobs going begging, yet we still have clearly fit and healthy enough young men and women to do some of these jobs.

It’s time to start issuing jobs and if people refuse ‘reasonable’ employment for no good reason, other than I don’t want to work, stop their money.
Lots of citations needed here

Stopped reading at “woke brigade” 😂

It's complete drivel. Highest levels of employment we've ever seen and yet people still concern themselves with "benefits cheats". It costs very very little in comparison the the billions and billions lost through tax evasion and legal avoidance measures.

Short of forced labour for all, I'm not sure what people expect. There will always be people who game the system, and there is no way you are going to catch them all without putting genuine claimants through misery.

If only we'd thought of asking people if they weren't working just because they couldn't be bothered 🙄

It's complete drivel. Highest levels of employment we've ever seen and yet people still concern themselves with "benefits cheats". It costs very very little in comparison the the billions and billions lost through tax evasion and legal avoidance measures.

Short of forced labour for all, I'm not sure what people expect. There will always be people who game the system, and there is no way you are going to catch them all without putting genuine claimants through misery.

If only we'd thought of asking people if they weren't working just because they couldn't be bothered 🙄
Can you imagine the cost of administering a "forced labour" scheme.... Matching folk up to jobs they can actually do, to companies that actually want them. And what about administering sanctions when they don't do it? And what about compensating the companies you foisted them on.....

This type of utter nonsense almost always echoes the "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!!!!" chat in that the people saying it never, ever, have a grasp on the numbers (they are available) involved and the scale (or not) of the actual problem. Its pure Daily Mail dog whistle designed to make folk think everyone on benefits is up to their eyes in iPhones and holidays to Tenerife.

For a country with a growing swell of shrieking about "woke culture"* and free speech, there isn't have a nasty authoritarian streak starting to show itself.

*🤢 what sort of person understands the definition of woke and seeks to paint it as a negative?

Can you imagine the cost of administering a "forced labour" scheme.... Matching folk up to jobs they can actually do, to companies that actually want them
And to add imagine the negative effect the employee forced to take a job would have on the other staff and if in a customer facing roll on the business itself, if I was a business owner I would want employees to want to work for me not turn up and do as little as possible because they have bén forced to.

*🤢 what sort of person understands the definition of woke and seeks to paint it as a negative?
I think the word is just created to confuse things. My experience seems to be that the word is mostly used by people who are into conspiracy theories, and that their "wokeness" is the belief in the truth of these conspiracy theories. "Woke" is probably the most utterly useless and meaningless word of the 21st and 20th century.

I think the word is just created to confuse things. My experience seems to be that the word is mostly used by people who are into conspiracy theories, and that their "wokeness" is the belief in the truth of these conspiracy theories. "Woke" is probably the most utterly useless and meaningless word of the 21st and 20th century.
It means, as defined by various dictionaries, alert to injustice in society, especially racism

Given the State's propensity to print money to solve problems (problems manufactured through government policy decisions) it's no wonder that some students think there is a magic money tree.

The state, however, has planned to impoverish workers to pay for that money printing through taxation, paying for inflated energy prices and any other such scam they can dream up (cough cough climate agenda, war, pandemic, 4 horses of the apocalypse).

What is the mechanism that these students believe is to be the source of return on their state owned and controlled investments, who precisely would generate that income in sufficient quantity to enable them to sit on their lazy arses without making any labour contribution whatsoever?

Fascinating theory nonetheless.

"There will always be people who game the system" I know of two blokes that have jobs, are welll paid for them and are either on holiday or swan off to "international events" that have nothing to do with what they are paid for...step forward Boris and Matt.

It means, as defined by various dictionaries, alert to injustice in society, especially racism

wokee.JPG

"There will always be people who game the system" I know of two blokes that have jobs, are welll paid for them and are either on holiday or swan off to "international events" that have nothing to do with what they are paid for...step forward Boris and Matt.

Indeed. Yet for some reason, a section of population seem to be more ****** off by poor people who are at it.

Indeed. Yet for some reason, a section of population seem to be more ****** off by poor people who are at it.
Iv said on here before, more than once.

Once Brexit fails to fix any of the problems the certain people claimed were caused by bloody forriners, the next in line to get it, and the last acceptable victim of vitriol on a societal scale, will be the indigenous poor.

By 2020, parts of the political center and right wing in several Western countries were using the term woke, often in an ironic way, as an insult for various progressive or leftist movements and ideologies perceived as overzealous, performative, or insincere. In turn, some commentators came to consider it an offensive term with negative associations to those who promote political ideas involving identity and race.

In a survey by YouGov, 73% of Britons said they used the term in a disapproving way and 11% in an approving way.[52] In the United Kingdom, the term has also been used as a pejorative by conservative figures.

By 2020, parts of the political center and right wing in several Western countries were using the term woke, often in an ironic way, as an insult for various progressive or leftist movements and ideologies perceived as overzealous, performative, or insincere. In turn, some commentators came to consider it an offensive term with negative associations to those who promote political ideas involving identity and race.
Yep. So the term has been politically hijacked in a deliberate attempt to discredit an anti racism/injustice sentiment.

You only have to look at the way that utter psycho Braverman uses it to know that if you are using woke as an insult, you are on the wrong side.

It always amazes me how easy it is to get people to parrot this ****, rather than them thinking "who gains from discrediting and distorting a word based on a groundswell of social justice and anti racism sentiment...."

Yep. So the term has been politically hijacked in a deliberate attempt to discredit an anti racism/injustice sentiment.

You only have to look at the way that utter psycho Braverman uses it to know that if you are using woke as an insult, you are on the wrong side.

It always amazes me how easy it is to get people to parrot this ****, rather than them thinking "who gains from discrediting and distorting a word based on a groundswell of social justice and anti racism sentiment...."
Both sides use perjorative terms - calling everyone who voted Brexit a racist for example, or alluding to it.

Covidiot is another one as is anti-vaxxer.

Both sides use perjorative terms - calling everyone who voted Brexit a racist for example, or alluding to it.

I've always thought it unfair to tar all those voted Brexit with the same brush. That being said, if you can find a racist who voted remain then I'd be astonished.

Not sure I have heard such terms uttered in the mainstream including in Parliament with the same frequency as "woke" tbh

common words these days, Karen, woke, Gammon, Kevin, who gives a feck i don't i have skin thicker than a rhinos ****, seriously it makes me **** myself laughing, the end of the world has been going since day one according to some folks, just chill out relax and have a beer enjoy the ride it will end one day

Latest posts

Back