2 Litre PET Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fgoulding

Regular.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a few 2 Litre PET bottles? I can only find the smaller ones in the usual brew shops or pallets of them on eBay.

Trying to avoid buying bottles of Old English Cider :cool:

Thanks!

PET.jpg

Do they have to be brown? If clear ones will do you can get 2 litre bottles of water for 17p from ASDA (other supermarkets are available).

Planning an experiment to use them as a poor person's mini-keg with a couple of carbonation caps and a tee-piece as I need to get more beer into my fridge!

All mine came originally containing cider. I used to like Guinness and Cider, but now I would buy cider and brew a stout. At ~£2.50 for 2L for supermarket cider, it makes sense to me. AG beer I cost up at around £1 a Litre.

Planning an experiment to use them as a poor person's mini-keg with a couple of carbonation caps and a tee-piece as I need to get more beer into my fridge!
I'm interested in how you get along. I bought the t-piece with the same idea but never got round to it. You can get 3l PET bottles as well. The only place I've seen these are Iceland filled with fizzy drink. 2 for £4.

I had been thinking that the bottles could potentially be lying down in the fridge if you used a flexible silicone dip tube (so it lays on the bottom of the bottle) and put something around the end to keep it off the yeast at the bottom. Otherwise I would struggle to fit in the upright part of the fridge.

I'm interested in how you get along. I bought the t-piece with the same idea but never got round to it. You can get 3l PET bottles as well. The only place I've seen these are Iceland filled with fizzy drink. 2 for £4.

I had been thinking that the bottles could potentially be lying down in the fridge if you used a flexible silicone dip tube (so it lays on the bottom of the bottle) and put something around the end to keep it off the yeast at the bottom. Otherwise I would struggle to fit in the upright part of the fridge.

I'll let you know how I get on but I'm planning to do exactly as you describe. I can fit one PET bottle standing and 3 laying down. I also have a few of those floating dip tube gadgets with filters attached, so I was going to see if that helps with any yeast problems....

I'll let you know how I get on but I'm planning to do exactly as you describe. I can fit one PET bottle standing and 3 laying down. I also have a few of those floating dip tube gadgets with filters attached, so I was going to see if that helps with any yeast problems....
Interesting! Please do show us some pictures if you get it working.

I sometimes do this to fast carb a new brew when I’m impatient to wait a couple of days. I normally use a 2.25l coke bottle. This is a good how to vid.

Latest posts

Back