21st August 2009 - Durden Park Simmonds Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I was only able to attend Phil`s do for a few hours on the Saturday it was an eye opener for a mere 23lt brewer like me.Excellent photos, [surprised to see myself in one]. An enjoyable time talking to other home brewers and told Phil I would like to come again next year. My only regret was because I was driving I didn't sample a beer or 2.

Just been informed by Phil, the Crafty Badger finished at 5.8% and the Very Wobbly Badger at 10%

This might just be my new favourite thread.

The scale of even a large micro makes me grin a lot!

Also, I had plenty of Wibblers recently! I had lots of Hoppy Helper and at least two darker ales at this year's Chappel Beer Festival - it was all good stuff.

:oops: I don't know . . . It got stuck away in a corny and I've not tasted it :oops:

I need to shift all the **** off the top of the Kegereezer (all brewing related) and plug it in to a tap and try it tonight . . . :hmm: Busy afternoon :party: :party:

Certainly the stuff we brewed at Wibblers (Crafty Badger) went down really well. Half the 2009 Wobbly badger was sold for the 2009 winter festivals . . . and they then promptly ordered the other half for this years festivals :thumb: So Phil had us make twice as much strong beer this year . . . at 11% :clap: Watch out for that one (Wibblers Wobbly Wabbit) at Winter festivals this year . . . if you are organising a festival ring Phil and ask for some!!

Chuff! Defo get some down your neck quick and let us know, i wanna get some brewing soon and im not sure if i should go the whole hog and make the amber malt(pale) myself or go your route with the Amber/Munich/Caramalt.

Steve

Back