40l buffalo boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRedWills

Regular.
Reaction score
hi brewer's
I'm going to order this as I'm making the leap into all grain teratory I just want to know if it will give me a rolling boil the write up says it can go up to 100c can anyone shed some light on the subject
many thanks

Hi!
I have the 40 litre Buffalo, but mine is a slightly older model - the newer ones are different.
I have modified mine so that it can maintain a rolling boil. Many members who use this boiler have reported cut-outs during the boil without modifications.

thanks for the reply bigcol49 mine is the new version I've modified it by disconnecting the temperature probe just did a trial run and seems to be keeping a constant boil I did notice that when removing the base plate one of the screws was no ordinary screw it was a very small triangular shape which probably needs a special tool I think the manufacturer is trying make it hard for us I had to dig deep into the tool box to find a suitable implement anyway the big test will be Friday when I attempt to do my first ag biab fingers crossed

Hi Chris yes they are security screws used by manufacturers and come in many different shapes. You can get a small box of these screwdriver bits on ebay to open many different electrical items. Only to be used by competent people hence the security screw in the first place

Back