40th Birthday Beer Brew Day - Courage Directors

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyb

Regular.
Reaction score
Well, it's my 40th in 7days time, I've taken the day off and I've got permission from SWMBO to do a birthday brew :grin:

I am planning to do the Courage Directors recipe from Wheeler's BYOBRA 3rd Edt.

I would like to use my Brewlabs yeast - I have Thames Valley II (recovered from AG#1 - Flowers Original) and Burton Ale Yeast (still in the test tube).

Anyone done the recipe?

Any recommendations on which yeast I should use?

I did it last brew. Got the black malt quantity wrong :oops: but the result was great anyway so I reckon it will be even better if you get it right :)

Let us know how it turns out, as I'd like to have another crack at it!

Good luck :)

guyb said:
hi chris, I increased the post boil hops (styrian) by 3g to 7g, and used Burton Ale yeast from Brewlabes

OG was 1.042

tasted lovely before the yeast was pitched :grin:

well its been bubbling away merrily for 16days, slowed for the last 5 or 6, checked FG, and it's down to 1.008, had a cheeky sample - flippin nora, tastes amazin'! Proper good like, am well chuffed.

will bottle in a week :-)

Well I have to say that this beer is by far the best beer I've done, and perhaps one of the best I've tasted in my life. My mate tried it and likened it to sex in a bottle :shock:

My only regret is I did 19L, still 70L shiny at the ready :-)

Merry Christmas!

Latest posts

Back