8th June 2009 - Effin 21st Anniversary Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleman

Regular.
Reaction score
Well I was planning on making my forum brew tomorrow which was going to be something along the lines of

14.5Kg Pale Malt

Progress Hops First Wort
Nelson Sauvin Hops 90 Minutes
Nelson Sauvin Hops 15 Minutes
Nelson Sauvin Hops 70C Steep

Unfortunately having picked up my propane cylinder . . . its empty :( or near enough . . . and my Propane place is shut . . . So it looks as though its a brew postponed :cry:

You should have given me a bell mate I could have brought some gas over for you as I have about 8 kg left in my other cylinder.

damfoose said:
You should have given me a bell mate I could have brought some gas over for you as I have about 8 kg left in my other cylinder.
I did think about it :lol: Still I'm going to go in today and get them to drop off a 47 . . . no more piddling about with these baby 19's . . . . I'll keep the 19 as a standby though :lol:

Well I'm filling the kettle right now for a quick start at 15:00.

Grain bill will be about 15Kg of pale (What's left in the sack Weighs 15.6Kg)

And this is a heads up . . . There will be Live video streaming :pray: courtesy of UStream . . . Link will be posted later.

Have a good one Aleman :thumb:
Although there will be live streaming will it be captured somewhere for us poor saps who have to work between 2 and 10pm ?
Because I would like to watch it later :thumb:

Aleman said:
Well I'm filling the kettle right now for a quick start at 15:00.

Grain bill will be about 15Kg of pale (What's left in the sack Weighs 15.6Kg)

By 'eck! What's the brew length?

Have a good'un :thumb:

Sorry for the delay chaps . . . late in from work

Live transmission here

If you want to chat then You have to go here I should be able to include that in my page as well but . . . in too much of a hurry . . . I know I should have sorted that last night too

Waters up to tempo just got to set the rest of the brewery up now . . . I know I should have done that last night :roll:

Well recipe is as follows

15Kg Pale malt (More or less ;) )

160g Styrian Bobek (90 Minutes)
55g Nelson Sauvin (15 Minutes)
35g Nelson Sauvin (70C Steep)

I decided to go with the Bobek for a spicy fresh note, rather than the earthy tones of Progress

90L at 12.05 Brix or 1.047 . . . Considering the recipe should only yield 76L at 1.045 looks like the additional couple of Kilos gained me 93% efficiency on the recipe

watched some of the boil, but was summoned by the wife so missed the end - bugger

very nice idea thought to stream it

I do have a lot of it on Video . . . I'll mix it down and put it on my website in the next couple of days for those that missed it

There is just shy 0f 76L at 12.85 brix (1.050) so I'll need to be letting this down by (50*76)/45 8.4L . . . . Hopefully that won't affect the bitterness too much . . . FOr those of you that have never tried Nelson Sauvin I can recommend that you give it a go . . . The aromas that I was getting off the kettle while it was cooling were amazing.

Who thought watching someone else's mash could be so interesting :lol:

Back