after brewing into kegs or bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulhughes

Reaction score
Just joined the forum , hi to all.
Just done my first beer brew since 30 years ago , used to use bottles then but now put this batch straight into a keg .
Wife has relegated keg to the garage , so if I want to get a pint its a trip out to the garage every time. Any suggestions to bring in a few pints to last over a couple of nights without the beer losing its body/head.

Plastic pop bottles? Fill and get the lid on quick before you lose all the gas?

@paulhughes,
Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.
I suggest you put your brew partly into your PB and some of it into bottles. PET bottles are best and easiest to get hold of,and they will hold pressure, if you buy bottled fizzy water from Tesco's or Sainsbury's then these are good for the purpose, effectively any bottles which have previously held fizzy drinks. You can get them from around 500mL size up to 2L bottles, the larger ones should last a couple of nights and fit well into the fridge, you have to be a bit careful pouring them because of the small amount of yeast and trub which lies in the bottom of the bottles so pour carefully.

Latest posts

Back